Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Depression ! I just don't want to do anything !

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Here goes, I used to be a very highly motivated person, upbeat, awake at the crack of dawn because there wasn't enough time to do and enjoy all the things I wanted to do. I was the life of the party, the one to make you smile and pick you up when you’re down. Now I am the one down, I don't want to get up, got to work or anything else for that matter. I have blood work done regularly everything is on par. I want ME back I guess. I find things that satisfy me for a moment but they are quickly discarded as a band-aid. I often have told people close to me I think I have depression and they laugh it off, “You, Smiley have depression" . So here I am Posting, thinking, and gazing.

Deep thoughts encouraged!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ohcalcuta
|

replied August 15th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi, U R telling all the wrong people till now.
GO SEE A DR and tell him, to start they will probably put u on a mild SSRI and u may find miracles
. . U will never fix this any sooner

good luck
|

replied August 16th, 2011
I am going to a doctor MD on a regular basis, He seems to think its my Thyroid but I have been taking daily meds for 3 years and I feel no different. Maybe a new doctor is in store ?
|

replied August 16th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
then tell dr. they failed to date and u want something new NOW or get new dr.
ask for a SSRI since what has been prescribed has failed
and if dr fails again; FIRE HIM, get a new one.
fact is there r plenty of pathetic incompetent Dr.s just like any profession
write down your problems and complaints and take them to the new dr and give a copy to old dr.
good luck
|
Quick Reply