Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Depressed teen has no one to talk to

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
Hi, I've been really sad lately. I think I'm depressed. I try to be happy, but I honestly believe there is no good in this world. I see no point in living. My school sucks, its a long story. I had a group of friends but I left them because there were high maintenance and selfish. now I have one friend, maybe....My school makes me depressed in sociology we had to watch a bunch of video's about the death penalty and about people getting killed and raped, and it makes me want to cry. we have to learn about awful stuff, and I get so freaked out and disturbed by it, while everyone else is fine. people in my school stare and me. I don't know why, when I'm walking down the hall, they just stare and stare, with this look. and I don't just get it from people at school, I went to this convention and everyone stared at me the same way!!! it was a freaking convention, so everyone was dressed up in crazy costumes, and they stared at me like I was the freak. Everyone in my school is sexist, I'm really sick of all the "stay in the kitchen" jokes. I try to find some reason to be happy being a girl, but I can't. whenever I try and find some women pride forums, all the comments are really mean and offensive. I hate people. everyone thinks their better than me, I always get looked down on. and now my brother hangs out with my old group of friends so I still have to tolerate them and listen to him gush about them.

I've been sad for several months and see no hope for the future, I just needed to vent.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied April 3rd, 2012
Don't take your own life, You will be hurting those who truly care for you.

Try to channel your time to different outlets, Like helping out at a humane society (Animals always have a thing in making anyone feel better) You just need a change of scenery in your life-something other than the usual school drama.

Just finish up school, Even if it means to keep to yourself. Finish school & move away from what makes you feel the way you do. Best wishes to you, In time--Everything will be better.
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2012
Hi, thanks for replying. I think your right about the change of scenery. I'm always surrounded by such negativity. thanks for the advice! Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2012
Hey,

I am fifteen and I have had clinical depression for a year and a half and very recently I have been feeling worse than ever :'( I really need someone to talk to...

I gave up on my group of friends and now I have like three people I can talk to.. Two of which I wouldn't class as 'close friends' the other is my boyfriend.

Talking to someone that you don't know that well can help. Just to get your feelings out and stuff. So please email me...
|

replied May 5th, 2012
Someone to talk to !
Hey,
So I don't mean to publicize or anything but you will not believe what helped me out of a similar situation.
I got this gig on fiverr and it was a GREAT help. Talking about your problems to a stranger who will listen to you and give you unbiased opinions really helps. I don't know whether this will pass the standards or not, but do check it out. It can save your life !
|

replied April 8th, 2012
Hello.
I also am depressed and have been diagnosed with it and I'm on medication. I am also a teen and i also do sociology!!! I know what you mean, it can be awful sometimes to learn certain aspects of it.

Seriously though, I really think you should seek medical advice, they can help you get better and feel better.
If you need to talk to someone, mail me on here
x
|