Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Depressed symptoms ?

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
I think im depressed? but i dont want to talk to anyone about it incase they think im being stupid. Im 19, ive recently lost my job, and now im having to claim job seekers, which i hate because i feel like everyone is judging me for claiming. 3 are telling me i owe for a contract phone which i sent back, which will total at aroun £600 which i just havent got and its getting me really down. I often feel like crying, and i just dont seem to smile or laugh much any more. I feel like a complete pain to everyone like im always in the way and im helpless, i feel like everything i say and do is wrong. Am i being stupid? or should i see a doctor? i dont want to use up their time without being sure. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Louisa1810,

You are one of the most mature, intelligent 19 year old I have had the pleasure of meeting in a long time. You certainly not stupid. You were smart enough to know you are overhwhlemed and reached out for help. You are wise beyond your years dear. I am sorry you lost your job,however you are just one in millions of people who are in that catogory due to the down turn of the economy. No one hate you for claiming because they to are claiming, that is why when we have a job we contribute to such funds, so that if and when the time should come when we are unemployed, we have a place to go for emergency help (you paid to dip in the fund, do without guilt).

As far as the phone goes, how did you send it back, registered mail with insurance? Do you have the receipt? Did you retun it in the time limit allocated by the contract? If the answer is yes, you shouldn't have a problem and not owe anything. Now lets talk about getting your self=esteem up. I want you to take this opportunity to do something for someone less fortunate than yourself. How about volunterring at a homeless/battered women shelter or a veteran shelter? Oftentimes, being a blessing to others is when we find our own blessing. Take a class at your local community college. Find a mature person whom you have respect for and start a conversation, keep a diary as to where you aer now in your life and write where you want to be 5 years from now, how to get there.

You are never in our way, we are here 24/7 365 days a year, come whenever you like as often as you like. Go ahead have a good cry, crying is good for you, it helps relieve alot of stress. You are only 19, go ahead cry as much and as often as you like, we love and accept you as you are....beautiful.

God Bless you dear,

FadedRose
|

replied November 6th, 2009
gosh you sound like me. maybe you are feeling depressed at the minuite, maybe pop in to see your doc he will diagnose your symptons like difficulty sleeping and eating pattern whether you have gained or lost weight recentley. dont soldier on with this feeling speak to the people who know, maybe your just having a spell of bad luck and it will pass, but please know that people are not judging you and you are as important as the next person so please have a chat with your doc they can help.
I know this cause im going through the same.

take care and love yourself cause nobody else will x
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2009
Of course you are not stupid! Infact you are the complete opposite! Definitely go to see your doctor as you can go and have a talk to someone who will be able to get your feet back on the ground and happy again. Everybody feels depressed at times, it's perfectly normal and a good cry may actually help you feel a touch better.

If you enjoy sports/excercise then do as much as you can because they are real good stress and depression relievers. And just take a trip to the doctors, dont be embarrassed, they're here to help. You are not wasting anyones time Smile Good luck and I hope you start to pick up soon
|