Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Depressed over relationship

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
i'm really depressed, and I have been for over a year. I'm 20 and the cause of my depression is my last relationship. We dated for three years and she cheated on me and left me. Its been over a year and a half and I can't get her out of my head. Most people just think I'm asking for attention or that its stupid and I'm not really depressed. But I am so depressed and more and more stress keeps stockpiling on my life. My life has been in a downward curve ever since this happened and I feel like I'm trapped in a hole that I will never get out of! I think of suicide often but I know I could never bring myself to it. If I could I wouldn't be asking for help. I guess the point of this topic is I need someone to talk to! I Have all these build up feelings of so many emotions and problems but none of my friends or family wants to hear it and they don't think I'm depressed. Sometimes I just want to stand up and scream "HELP!!!!" But I fear no one would listen. I don't have money for drugs or therapy. I Just don't know what to do! I tried finding a new girl and i thought it would make things better but No girl even talks to me. I try and I just get shut down it just adds to my depression greatly. I need help I'm so scared I'm gonna get so down I do something to myself.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2009
Hi Fizgriz, I'm fighting a mental battle myself right now. I sometimes get scared too, of what I would do to myself. I want you to know that your not alone. I feel the same way. I'm going to keep battling and I hope you will too. Hopefully someone else can provide a better answer to your question as to what steps you could take. Wish you the best.
|
Users who thank abstract_darkness for this post: mariah79 

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2009
Supporter
hello hun
i know how you feel. don't ever let an unfaithful girl lead you to destroy your life or get you into drugs.
your young you have your life a head of you and guess what she wont be the first and last one you will meet a lot like her .so what you going to do punish your self every time a girl leave you or cheat on you. no sweetie. your going to forget her. and your going to take a lesson from such an experience. she doesn't deserve you. you deserve some one special as you are.
ill tell you a story it is such a great story and a real one too
my trainer he was a therapist and he had a patient once who tried to kill him self because his wife keep cheating on him. so the guy story is that he loves his wife a lot once he saw her with some one he got upset and she apologize then he saw her dating some one he fight with her and then they got back to each other last time he saw her in his bed with some one so you know what he did he throw him self from the 2nd flour but he didn't die he broke some rips and his leg he spend weeks in the hospital. the therapist ask him why did you do that throw ur self he answered i wanted to make her feel guilty that because of her unfaithfulness she killed me. then he asked him so did ur plan succeed does she feel guilty he said no she didn't even visit me at the hospital. the therapist tried so hard to open the guys eyes that his wife doesn't suit him but the guy cannot see it because he was attached to her in a crazy way so the therapist worked so hard to know what is the bond and why is the husband so in love with his wife he asked him many questions then he discovered that the reason is that she was incredible in bed. so he tried to convince him of getting a divorce and get married to another wife but the husband refused he didn't want to hurt her. but he promised him that if he had another wife his wife will come running to him begging him to take her back and thats what he want . so he did it he divorced her she really wanted the divorce too. and then he got married to another wife after few week he came to the therapist and he was ok and happy and he his x wife was begin him to take her back he was shocked will he was happy because he was satisfied sexually with his new wife and he had a new love and he felt there is no longer any connection with his x and finally he manage to see her real image unfaithful wife
my point is discover why ur so attached and try to find some thing or some one to fulfill your need.
or try to forget her i remember once when i was very depressed crying all the time a special one told me forget your misery and when ever a bad thoughts come up try to think of any thing else like your cloth ur school any thing with training you will get over it and i did what she told me every singl time i remember what happen to my and my eyes start to tear i say stop ok what am i going to wear tomorrow ooooo what kinda movie i wana see or let me talk to my brother about any thing and with time i manage to overcome my problem and got over it its hard but with practice you will be over it without knowing
|