Medical Questions > Relationships > Single and Struggling Forum

Depressed and hopeless

I am 25 year old male. I have drug addiction in my past but I have been clean for about 2 1/2 years. I haven't had much success in my life with the ladies and I'm starting to lose hope. I'm not a virgin, actually I have a 5 year old son, but I've never had a "girlfriend". Pretty much every girl I have ever tried to go out with has turned me down. I like to think I am a pretty good guy, not Brad Pitt but nout hideous. I have learned from my mistake and seriously changed my life. I thought this girl liked me at school but it fell through. I honestly YEARN for a companion. It hurts. I am just so lonely not looking for sex but that would be nice too. I've been on Zoloft for depression but I really don't think it helps. But I think anybody would be depressed if they were 25 and never had a girlfriend. Am I right? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2012
Experienced User
No, you are not right. Plenty of people are that age and older without having had a long term relationship and they are not depressed about it. They just live their lives and whatever happens does just that. SOme are just workaholics and don't notice at all.

Who looks after your son? If it's the woman who had the baby then maybe you see she has a partner and that makes you want it. Just guessing.

If you don't think the Zoloft is helping, then it isn't. Talk to your doctor about that and either agree on a higher dose or a new med. No point taking one that does nothing is there?

You should be aware also that many meds take away our interest in sex and our ability to perform, as males. Which in turn inhibits our chances of finding a partner.

My suggestion to you is to stop looking for a partner right now and concentrate on your depression. Get that sorted and then look again. I have to say the times I searched for partners I never found one. The ones I have been with just arrived, circumstances brought us together. I currently have had a 19 year relationship with the lady who is the mother of my 2 children. I have two others as well. This relationship will last. I'm very lucky she has stuick by me through some very bad times.
|
Did you find this post helpful?