Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Depo Prova during one week pregnency

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Dear Dr,

I need your help . I am 3 month pregnant , By Mistake I have taken depo shot during pregnancy . My Doctor did not checked my blood for pregnency test.

Now I am in Australia . I have gone thru Ultra sound , where report is ok . But I am afraid if this will harm to my first baby . Pls advs What should i do now . pls tell me if there is any side effect .
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 29th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If unknowingly Depo shot is given during pregnancy or if you get pregnant while being on the Depo shot, then it can have side effects and cause problems for the baby. It can affect the development of the baby especially if it is a male fetus. There can be risks of having premature birth, birth defects, higher neonatal and infant mortality rates. Chances of miscarriage, premature labour, feminization of male fetus, low birth weight of baby, defect of male fetus urinary tract formation increases. Be in regular follow-up with your gynecologist/obstetrician. Go ahead with an anomaly scan at 20 weeks gestation to see if there are any fetal anomalies/birth defects present. Further decisions can be taken based on this scan report.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.