Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Dental implant experience

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Has anybody experienced pain after they had an implant fitted and if so how long it lasted? Some say their faces were swollen and they could not eat or talk properly while others went to work the day after the procedure. Some felt dizziness and they were in agony for many days. Could you please tell us your experience with a dental implant the days that followed the surgery?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 15th, 2017
Nowadays Dentist have been applying new technology while dental implants there is no longer swollen and eat and take easy after few days
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Its normal to have pain and swelling. It may last for a couple of days to a week at most. But you can resume activity within 24 to 48 hours with some discomfort for sure, which can easily be treated with supportive pain killers and symptomatic treatment.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Dental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.