Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Deja vu with dizziness (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
Every now and then i get these wierd type attacks like deja vu it lasts about a min or so but i feel dizzy and breathless like iv been there before i have been having them for years well since i had the kids please can someone tell me whats wrong with me.
Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Schlomo
|

replied June 9th, 2009
First let me say that the dress you are wearing is beautiful. I do not think your attackes are "weird" at all. I think that you are bold enough to admit likely what others may not. The mind is a wonderful thing and many people spend their lives trying to figure it out but to no real avail. Those attacks, in my feeling, may be subliminal "outburts" of memories that come to haunt us every now and then. When I have those moments, I ride thru them, question what it was about, frustrate myself because I have no answer, and, as I am a writer, I generally will write about it, if I remember the details. It is not a panic attack per se, but perhaps when you have so much on your mind, those thoughts are repressed and then surface when the mind is somewhat clear but it puts you in a mental fog. Been there and it scares me sometimes but it is what it is. Not weird, just life.
|

replied March 1st, 2012
i really like the advice u gave here. im a 24 yr old male and have been having these "episodes" for about 2 years now. usually this is happening in familiar places like work and recently in the weekend mornings laying in bed. which leads me to believe it is your brain picking out a memory or emotion that u have experienced, and connecting it to ur current situation/conciousness. these subliminal outbursts of memories could be related to emotional memory, like remembering how u felt during a certain "period" in high school or something. but sometimes my episodes leave me feeling overheated and almost "prickly skinned" almost like an adrenaline rush. im starting to think its part of a process and way ur mind adapts to the evolution of human conciousness.
|

replied May 11th, 2012
I have these attacks anytime during the day and can be back to back 4 times a day or can be once a month. i even get them while im sleeping il wake up feeling all of these feelings you guys posted pluys sweating.i feel like its more of a chemical thing i try to eat every morning and atleast a little furit before bed. i cant eat in the morning so i try to eat yogurt or fruit or something just so when i go to class/work i dont have these episodes. and sometimes i trigger them my self. i will be in the train and il start panicking myself thinking what if it comes what if it comes then it does come. i allways thought it was too difficult to explain and i dont know if i can say its panick attacks but what ever it is its scary and makes me wana throw up sometimes but i have nothing in my stomach ussally so it just hurts my ribs because im heaving. please let me know if eating in the morning and before bed helps anyone.
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2009
Thank you it is my favourite Very Happy
Do you think it is just stress related and i have to much on my mind it happens at the most strangest moments and i have to put my head down and breath or i feel like i could faint. Do you suffer with the same things?
Zoe
|

replied June 10th, 2009
Experienced User
Does this seem to happen at high stress moments or otherwise?
|

replied June 10th, 2009
I think you should read the book "BLUE BLOODS" they have the same Symptoms..Its a great book.....
|

replied June 10th, 2009
I think I have had similar "attacks" when I was younger especially. I have never attributed the sensation to stress. Oddly enough I think they were triggered by smells and they usually occurred in old, dirty areas like a basement or such.

They seem to have lessened over the years. At some point I think I made a connection to moth balls as the trigger...strange I know but, the mind is an awesome instrument!
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2009
Thats really strange how you say about smells the other day i was sat in my grandads shed which smells of him really bad and i had one when i was talking to my mum about nothing stress related.
Sometimes i can have more then one a day it just scares me because i feel so strange and it makes me feel so sick lol.
|

replied September 30th, 2009
About once every two years, I have a similar experience. I feel a deja vu sensation happening, I feel like I am going to throw up, I get very dizzy and most of the time I faint and am out for 30 seconds or so. I wake up not knowing what day/year it is. It takes me around 2 minutes or so to get oriented. I feel extremely depressed for a day or two. I then have similar sensations over the subsequent 24 hours or so. Since I feel it coming on, I usually lay on the floor, or bed, or if driving I pull over immediately. However, there have been cases when I have been slightly hurt falling off a chair. I thought there was a common thread among all these experiences (not having eaten enough or not having slept enough - when I don't eat regulary I am also the type of person that gets cranky and needs sweets or something to overcome that feeling). However, two days ago when it happend (first time in 2 years) there was really none of those symptoms although I was feeling more than normal stress. So basically, this started when I was about 19, and I am now 44 (male). I wanted to share this experience to see if anyone has any thoughts, similar experiences, have ever heard of this before.

Thanks
|

replied June 3rd, 2012
Deja Vu
I am now 33 years old, when I was 18 years the "Deja Vu" started. The occurrences are very inconsistent but, each occurrence is triggered when something (music, a conversation and environment) triggers a memory of some fragmented non significant dream that I have had. It is like a shock to my system. Feelings of impending doom, cold sweat, shortness of breath and a racing heart beat accompany me as my mind tries to identify the connection between the actual events that are occurring and the connection to the dream that I can not figure out. I have an accompanying metallic smell or taste in my mouth and I can hear some old music tune, like elevator music.

It happened twice within months of each other when I was 18. Than not again for two years. It seems to happen once every year or two. However, the last time it happened to me I was riding in the car with some friends. As we were driving I felt it coming on again as it had been happening for about the past 10 hours. I closed my eyes and sat quietly thinking it would pass without them noticing. I opened my eyes and they were both looking back at me shouting my name. I told them I had felt tired and closed my eyes. They said, dude, you were having a seizure. Your eyes were rolling back and your arms were hitting the ceiling of the car. I told them I wasn't and that I was just tired.

I have no history of epilepsy or seizures. I was very disoriented when I came back to. When in my 20's I saw my Dr. had an EEG, saw a psychologist...Nothing abnormal and they tried to say it was a panic attack. I agree that symptoms may seem like a panic attack but, I do not suffer from anxiety or stress like that. I wish I knew more, I wish I knew the link to my dreams and why? Is it a spiritual gift? I have my doubts.
|

replied September 30th, 2009
Possible seizure
Schiomo, while those could be panic attacks they could also be a type of seizure. You should DEFINITELY speak with your primary care physician regarding this possibility. For some the "Deja Vu" feeling is how they know they are having or about to have a seizure.
|

replied November 8th, 2009
I have had similar feelings. I am a 31 year old male. I am 6'3" tall and weigh 175lbs. I dont know what started these attacks, but I have only been having them for the past 18 months or so.

It happens at random. It is always a normal day. It all begins with a deja vu feeling. I will remember something from hours, days, or weeks ago. Sometimes I will remember something from a dream that I had a few days prior. After the memory, I will get this feeling that you get from an adrenaline rush (kinda like when you see the cops lights behind you when you are about to get pulled over). I get this tingling feeling in my chest and it quickly travels thru my body. Seconds later an onset of cronic fatigue sets in. Immediately I start to feel dizzy. I am worried about my health, but do not know what kind of doctor to go see. I dont know if it is some kind of seizure, or maybe related to low blood sugar, or something in the environment that I am smelling. I have never lost conciousness. I recently moved into a new home about 18 months ago and did a lot of remodling. I ripped out a bathroom and kitchen that had lots of mold in the walls. I do not know if it was related to that either. I have so many questions, but not enough answers to figure it out or where to go. Can anyone here help me please?... Thanks, Paul
|

replied November 8th, 2009
I have these same feelings and I tell myself that it is temporal lobe epilepsy mixed with the inability to remember a similar experience. I say "I tell my self this" because when it happens it definitely feels horrible and inevitable, as if there is no escaping it, as if it isn't a medical condition, but a spiritual dilemma. I have always been happy in the idea that I have free will, but this feeling of deja vu makes you feel like you don't have free will, which is one of the most horrible things I can imagine- that I don't have free will. That being said, it seems to go away when I try to manage my stress, fear, and anxiety. I do so with breathing techniques or "tapping".
|

replied March 9th, 2012
Omg you described this to a tee for me...It helps when decribing tomy dr/
|

replied November 10th, 2009
i get those to...it might be stress
|

replied January 5th, 2010
I get these too. I've been getting them since as long as I can remember, at least 5 years old. As a child I would refer to them as "brain quakes" for lack of a better term. I'm 31 now and they still occur. Sometimes I will get them twice in a week, sometimes I can go years without an episode. The difference between now and then is, as a child, I would get extreme headaches and fatigue afterwards. Out of commision for the rest of the day. Nowadays, I can manage through an episode without much problem, and go about my business. What is it?? They generally occur in winter months...
|

replied January 13th, 2010
hello to all. i get these deja vu attacks. only now when i get them, i vomit, then i get very lethargic and a massive migraine for at least 24 hours. i am on 2 anti depressents and a nerve pill(sedative) daily. i cant work anymore, i only go out when i absolutely have to, usually with husband or son so they can drive me. it seems that there is no real trigger, it just happens out of the blue no matter what i'm doing, listening to, reading or watching they will come on me. only recently did i start to vomit with them. its very annoying.
|

replied January 27th, 2010
first time ever posting about this online... was inspired after reading so many of you having similar symptoms to me.

this first started in May 09 and since then I have had 13 episdoes (3 while driving). All start with a sudden deja vu feeling and then a head rush which makes me suddenly slouch forward and blackout-my eyes close and i'm 'out' for about 5 seconds. I don't lose conciousness... it's like a computer turning off and then rebooting.

After the episode I feel awful. Very disoriented, everything looks weird-I feel like I am talking slow, I'm confused, and out of it for about 30 mins. Sometimes i have had to lie down, because i'm breathless, arms tingle (wrists are sore), and ears ring/hiss.

I've had all heart tests, EEG, cat scan, and all blood test.levels are fine... doctor doesn't know what it is, but I just don't feel right. I feel fatigued, quite depressed, and disoriented at times. My attention span is awful and I'm always feeling distracted.

Now i can 'feel' them coming... I'm very quiet-moody a day before... with an overwhelming sense of dread/doom.

This sucks... good that all tests are clear so far-it doesn't look to be epilepsy, but I sure would love to figure this out... sucks living with this, not knowing when it is going to occur...
|

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2010
Wow, I have those exact same fellings off and on. It just comes on out of the blue. It feels like you have seen this before and you get kind of dizzy and your vision gets real spotty. When I have them, I feel like I can almost in a way, predict what will happen next. It is such a weird feeling. I have had these all my life. I don't really have any advice for you, but just know that you are not alone.
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2010
faint deja vu
I can't believe other people have these!!! I have been experiencing these "attacks" since high school (about twelve years). I have tried to find a pattern, but it seems so random. A month or two may go by without an instance and then they will occur two to three times a day. I am presently pregnant and have had an onslaught of attacks. I can not tell what triggers it. It has aspects of deja vu, but like everyone else here, I feel faint, euphoric, and then nauseous. It lasts no longer than two to five minutes, including the after fog as I like to call it. I tried to google it (bad idea) and thought it might be "absence seizures", but I am fully concious during the episode and often talk during it. I haven't gone to a doctor because these episodes are SO difficult to explain. I am so relieved there are others with the same symptoms!
|

replied February 17th, 2010
omg im not alone!!!!!!!!!!!this sounds like my feelings i get that i cant explain they happen every month!!out the blue for like 4 days stra8 and they occur on n off thruout the hole day!!!!its jus a weird feelin git comes over me affects my hole body i can feel it coming,i get upset and i dont like to be alone or want to go home so i stay with family i hate that it happens it stops me in my tracks and then i start to think of life and death and i dont agree with life i get mad at it bt im not alone!ne1 feel free to write me.
|

replied February 25th, 2010
So I Posted on Jan 27th about my deja vu/blackout episodes... I did not have one since Dec 25th 09, only to pass out cold at the grocery store-no warning minus the quick deja vu and head rush...

Went back to doctor, only to have him tell me it is Vasovagal syncope (which he felt was harmless)...

FINALLY, had appointment with a neurologist, and he said its 'obvious' a 'no brainer' that I have been experiencing temporal lobe seizures (hence the deja vu), and have epilepsy... he can't believe I have had 14 episodes.

Not good news, but at least its news. This neurologist was such a great doctor, he listened to me explain my strange episodes, symptoms and feelings...

I've started on anti-seizure medicine... and hopefully started on a much more positive outlook on life. I was so frustrated that no one was helping me or listening to me... only putting words in my mouth-or trying to make things up.

Feel relieved that this diagnosis has occurred... and even though I'm sad that there is something wrong with me (faulty wiring as I told my husband), I'm happy to move forward (and he says he loves my faulty wires) Smile
|

replied February 25th, 2010
All I can say to everyone else experiencing these is BE PERSISTENT! Go to your doctor and ask to be referred to a neurologist!!

It is not healthy to continue to experience these seizures, they can become worse and more frequent...

get it checked out for sure...
|
12 >>