Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

decreasing nausea quitting weed

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
I started smoking weed about 5 years ago, with mostly sporadic use, or phases. However I have not missed a day of smoking in over a year and a half now, usually smoking out of various devices 4-7 times a day. I have been battling with the idea of quitting for a couple of months now but havent REALLY wanted to quit. Now today I am ready. My main reasons for quitting are mental clarity, to have a social life again, and the simple fact that I do not want a crutch running my life. My best friend stopped today as well, but I am not getting much support from my other friends. The thing that gets me the worst if I havent had a smoke in about 5 or 6 hours is the nausea. Does anyone know a good, natural, way to decrease the nausea?

I need all the help I can get from fellow smokers/quitters. I fear I am choosing a bad time to quit. I work double shifts the next two days at a job I hate. I am also turning 21 in a few days and am worried about the possibility of replacing smoke with more drinking.

One last question, cold turkey or gradual decline in use. Which is a better method?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 13th, 2008
Experienced User
Re: Day one
Not sure this will help with you type of nausea, but try ginger ale, and mix in some bitters. Bitters is alcohol, just put a couple of drops in your ginger ale. You should be able to find this at your local grocery store! Good luck to you!
|
Did you find this post helpful?