Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

Decongestant effect on erections ?

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
I am 22 years old. Me and my girlfriend are not having TOO much sex lately (I work and she goes to school full time) but we still have time to have sex around 3 times a week. The sex is great, we both achieve orgasms and feel great.
I started feeling under the weather 3 days ago, with a congested and sometimes runny nose, coughs and feeling tired constantly. Of the 3 days of feeling sick with a cold, 2 of them I tried having sex with her but getting an erection was difficult, let alone maintaining it. I was really confused and frankly embarrassed since this does not happen to me.
Could it be the decongestant and/or being sick with a cold that affected this?

Thank you very much
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 16th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I believe when you are not feeling good that this affects your whole body...How can you concentrate when you have a cold?...I would just rest and get over it and then get back to your love life....Good luck...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?