Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Dealing with emotions and rejection

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hello.

I am almost 18 and I think I developed a nice healthy way of living and dealing with emotions and rejection! I'll give you example of a situation I found myself in that some might consider depressing and then how I dealed with it. Check it out!

One of my lady friends that i have a thing for, agrees to go to dinner and a movie with me! (a date) On this wonderful outing she meets some random guy that she starts flirting with in front of me, gets his number and doesn't talk for the rest of the night because she was constantly texting some one. Then after that she ignores me and i rarely hear from her.
Well you see this came as a surprise to me! because up until this point i could not go a night with out her calling me, or blowing up my phone. What I did was to make sure to hide it from everybody so they couldn't pity me (i hate pity), congratulate her when she started going out with some other kid like a week later. This gave the image to her of me being the kind of manly man that cuts down trees in a coal mine while eating raw steak and lifting weights.

So that's pretty much I handle everything that upsets me! Remember all you have to do is hide it, then act like it never happened and you don't care. The only side effects I can find are falling into a fit of rage once in a while, and thinking about "doing yourself in" every night. But when i think of that i just laugh. So what do you think!?
rainbow
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I think holding in feelings and emotions or hiding it isn't good...you should talk to someone, get it off your chest..we're all human..to just hide your feelings and hold it in isn't exactly healthy
|

replied July 29th, 2008
I wish I could try and tell people, but right now I feel like I would rather scream myself to sleep every night then tell to people about my failures.
|

replied August 6th, 2008
Experienced User
Wow....So you were out with this person and they decided to flirt with another guy right in front of you? I hear stories similar to this all the time. I think generally females are always looking for the most attractive looking guy they can find, and when the opportunity comes, they don't mind pushing you aside right then and there.

Oh and btw, congratulating this person is just pathetic. You need to ignore them completely.
|

replied August 8th, 2008
I agree,

Girls can very annoying in some situations like that and I think the best think you can do is tell her what you felt and that, that was not good what she did in font of you.

At least she could do is just tell you that she does not want to go out with you if she
planed to flirt with other guys.

If it was me I would of told her everything in the moment it happened and let her know what she is doing and than I would never speak with her again.

I hate it when they are doing that
|