Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Dealing with bipolar 25 year old daughter's rage attacks

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
My 25 year old daughter lives with me and her older sister. Although she is being treated by a psychiatrist and is on the standard medications for bipolar, she still suffers from rage attacks (unprovoked) and directs her rage at me and her older sister. My instinctive reaction is often retaliation in the form of verbal replies; this is obviously not the right way to handle these attacks. What is recommended when my daughter is having a rage attack - cursing me out for no reason or becoming physically violent?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 1st, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
u of course need to chill, but a far more important question I believe is; will this impaired young woman procreate and risk doing this to yet another and can u help her in this because u know what she would have to deal with and SHE IS NOT U and if she can't handle life now; her being a mom is a very poor idea.
I realize that might sound harsh; I have a Niece with B/P who demanded her daughter have it, put her in nut houses multiple times till the child my Great Niece killed herself at age 14.
Some things should be nipped in the bud before the final consequences are many times worse.
best wishes 2u
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi Perci123 and welcome to ehealth: In all honesty, there is nothing you can do...Peace will come only when she does not live with you...They have Jekyll and Hyde personalities that cannot be controlled...Take care...

Caroline
|