Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

2 days late, sore nipples, & period cramps?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
My situation:
1. 16 years old
2. had sex about 4 weeks ago (with a condom, but my boyfriend didn't really know what he was doing)
3. my period is 2 days late
4. i also have sour nipples (no odd color, however ) , period cramps, and diarrhea (but the diarrhea could be from what I've been eating lately )
5. I have virtually no discharge (it's usually bad, but for the past 2 days, my underwear has been totally clean.

Could I be pregnant?

now before you start typing your incredibly long lectures about the dangers and consequences of having sex at my age, i'd like to inform you that i'm already very aware. i know i shouldn't have, but my boyfriend. he has this way with words that made me disregard everything i've learned in the past. when i told him i might be pregnant he told me that that's not his problem, and so... i kicked him down my stairs (he's doing fine. in the hospital). i've read up on pregnancy when i was 13 and i know most of the facts. but this situation is a little different and i would like to know if i may be pregnant. i won't be easy letting my mother know, but it's a consequence that i have to face for my actions. please. your answers are greatly respected and appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Periods can be delayed due to stress, change in eating habits, changes in lifestyle etc. The possibility of pregnancy cannot be ruled out (as suggested by your other symptoms) if you were in your fertile days during the time of intercourse (condoms are associated with high failure rates). You should get your periods within 10 days of expected period’s dates if not pregnant. Wait and watch for your periods. Look out for development of any other new symptoms suggestive of early pregnancy. If you suspect to be pregnant (or if you do not get your periods), you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for a thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.