Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

5 days late. Recently started birthcontrol .

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I typically have irregular periods but since I became sexual active I've grown concern when it doesn't come when it should . I'm 5 days late from when I should have started . I started taking birthcontrol pills March 18, I was wondering if that could be the reason I'm late . I mean a week ago I broke out and was blotted as if my period was due . Now I have really sore breast . I'm just really worried I may be pregnant . Help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 9th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy (online)
You're only a few weeks into taking the pill. It can take up to 12 months for your body to completely adjust to being on the pill.

It's probably just the hormones in the pill messing with your periods and giving you the sore breasts and everything.
|
Did you find this post helpful?