Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

5 days late on period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
the 1st day of my period was on the 1st of july, and i have been on a 30 day cycle, i had unprotected sex with my fiance on the 25th and up to now my period has been delayed for 5 days. im a bit worried since i have been researching and seemed to be feeling the symptoms of being pregnant. Symptoms are lower back pain, tenderness of the brest, cramping, frequent urination and the the feeling of being bloated. i have not had a pregnancy test yet so i dont know, but what are the chances of getting pregnant? as to my understanding and the best of my memory i had experienced a lot of cramping and discharge a week before we had sex.

im lost and any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper stefany_hill
|

replied August 6th, 2008
Experienced User
I think your chances are 50/50. The only way to be sure is to take a test. Chances are good you're not and just stressing about it is keeping your period away. I've heard of a lot of women doing a test and starting right after. Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2008
Experienced User
Well, the crazy thing is...those pregnancy symptoms you listed are also PMS symptoms. Seems unfair of nature to make the symptoms similar so you freak out, huh?

The best thing I can tell you is take a test. Now. That's the only way you can know for sure. I could speculate, but I don't know your ovulation days, etc. I don't want to scare you by speculating you are pregnant, but you have a chance.

And...I know this is going to seem silly, but try not to stress out. When you put stress like that on your body/mind, it effects your cycle. Your cycle will be delayed/not come if you are overstressed about things (including possible pregnancy). So, try to chill out as best as possible.

Get yourself a test to see what the next step is. You have two possible choices:
1) You're not pregnant. Get your butt on some form of birth control or pick a lifetime supply of condoms (both of which you can get at Planned Parenthood for a low low price...if not free!)

2) You are pregnant. You have a couple choices to make about the future of you, your partner, and the possible baby. You'd want to make an appointment with a doctor to see how far along you are and what your choices are considering that.

Take a test, and best of luck to you!
|

replied August 6th, 2008
Sydney123456 wrote:
Well, the crazy thing is...those pregnancy symptoms you listed are also PMS symptoms. Seems unfair of nature to make the symptoms similar so you freak out, huh?

The best thing I can tell you is take a test. Now. That's the only way you can know for sure. I could speculate, but I don't know your ovulation days, etc. I don't want to scare you by speculating you are pregnant, but you have a chance.

And...I know this is going to seem silly, but try not to stress out. When you put stress like that on your body/mind, it effects your cycle. Your cycle will be delayed/not come if you are overstressed about things (including possible pregnancy). So, try to chill out as best as possible.

Get yourself a test to see what the next step is. You have two possible choices:
1) You're not pregnant. Get your butt on some form of birth control or pick a lifetime supply of condoms (both of which you can get at Planned Parenthood for a low low price...if not free!)

2) You are pregnant. You have a couple choices to make about the future of you, your partner, and the possible baby. You'd want to make an appointment with a doctor to see how far along you are and what your choices are considering that.

Take a test, and best of luck to you!

thanks for your insight... recently yesterday and today i started to have some pinkish spotting... which is now starting to freak me out... i wonder now if i am really preggy? nonetheless, i would be taking the test tomorrow...
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2008
Experienced User
Let us know what the results are...there are tons of people that can help you get what you need, regardless of the outcome of the test.

Good luck!
|

replied August 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
You could be pregnant. I usually can tell when I am pregnant or not because I have pretty regular periods. If you are familliar with your period and know how it is, go with it and take a test. You never know unless you take one. I knew I was pregnant right off the bat with my second child because my peroid was late. Take a ClearBlue Easy to get faster results, and accurate results. That's what I take.
|

replied October 21st, 2012
hey.. i am too 5 days late.. last time my periods were on 16th sept! however, me and my boy friend haven't had sex till date but we have been touching.. i mean we touch his thing to my clit and vagina and then rubs it hard there with his thing and ejaculates. we touched thrice last month. first was when i was on 4th day of my period and that was without a condom but he didnt ejaculate. 2nd was witha condom and third too with a condom.. but i havent yet got my periods till now.. took a test today, was negative.. help please! too stressed out!
|