Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

25 days late & 4 negative pregnancy tests

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hello
I went off the pill 2 months ago due to the fact that my partner and i want to start a family. I was on the pill for 3 years before stopping and my period was pretty regular. The first month after stopping the pill i had one normal period and now this month i am 24 days late. My last period was on the 2/7/11. We have been trying from the minute i went off the pill so we had sex every second day (since i was told the only reason you are reccommeded to wait 3 months before trying is so your cycles can become regular again- but i wasnt really worried about that and just thought we'd see how we'd go). So im not sure if i could be pregnant or if it is just a side effect of going off the pill. I have been feeling slightly nauseas now and then (usually when im in bed at night), dizziness, extremly tired, peeing A LOT more, slight cramping- like im going to get my period but never do and about about 2 weeks ago i was having a lot of clear/white watery discharge (sorry, yuck i no!). I should also mention that my grandmother died a week ago so there was quite a lot of stress for some time, however my period was already around 17 days late at that time. And i have taken 4 pregnancy tests which were all negatives, my last test on the 20/8/11. If i am pregnant i should be 8 weeks this friday which is the 27/8/11.Please help i don't know whats going on and have neverbeen pregnant before!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 25th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthform

The symptoms which you have reported can be due to both pregnancy and after effects of coming off the pill.It can take few months to a year for a woman to conceive after stopping them.
You can get a Blood test done for pregnancy determination which is quite accurate.Kindly visit a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Take Care!

|

replied August 27th, 2011
Hello nicky14! i am almost exactly n the same situation as u..my last period was july 6 though..im going crazy w/all these negative tests & no period & plenty of symptoms. please repost if u get any news! best of luck 2 u!
|

replied September 4th, 2011
Hi mjw3!
No news yet Sad
period is now 37 days late!!! so frustrating!
Took a pregnancy test again this morning and i swear i saw two lines!! My parter didnt see them though so i think it was just me wishing!!
I'll update as soon as i find a solution!!
|

replied September 4th, 2011
im now on cycle day 61 of a normal 28-29 day cycle & 32 days late...i just missed my 2nd period =-O
its soooo frustrating!!! the last test i took was sept 2nd & it was neg also... i swore i saw 2 lines on 1 i took wed but i wasnt able 2 get a 2nd opinion...ughh!! have u had ne new symptoms or ne die down?? thank u so much 4 the update!! i will continue 2 update my status as well!!
|

replied September 5th, 2011
i have just missed my second period too!! 37 days late so im really doubting if i am pregnant Sad although have been reading up and some say they didnt get a postive test until 3 months into their pregnancy... heres hoping we're the same!!
all my symptoms seem to be going away or i may just be getting used to them! I'm still weeing quite a bit, tired still and lots of discharge but still no period! ive decided next friday will be my last home pregnancy test i take before going to the doctors and see what is really going on!
Let me know if you have any updates Smile
|

replied September 6th, 2011
my insanity has finally came 2 an end as i started my period 2 day! i plan 2 still go 2 the dr 2 get my thyroid tested & c if that may b the culprit..ive never went that long w/o a period except when i was preggo so i wanna know y!! lol.. best of luck 2 u & id b happy 2 hear ur outcome!
|

replied September 6th, 2011
Hopefully I get a positive test of my period soon!
Good luck with everything and I will be sure to update as soon as I find out what is happening =)
|

replied September 28th, 2011
Finally got my period!! 58 days late but better late than never!!! So I can start afresh now Smile hoping this will be the month!
|

replied November 1st, 2012
confused
Hi I'm keke age 17 I was on the pil like 5 or 6 months ago and when I got off I had a regular period up until last month it was 9 days late than it finally came on real light and spotty now this month it 25 days late really don't know what to do ughhh
|

replied June 27th, 2013
HELP!
hi I'm crystal and idk if we R kind of in the same boat. but I had a normal period April 22-26 then not long after I had one may 5-8 and then I missed my period witch was due one june 2nd and june 13 I started spotting and I spotted all the way up to the 24th and I didn't get a chance to take a hpt. my little girl is 5 n a half months old anhy suggestions?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.