Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

3 days late, but taking birth control?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Is this normal? I'm taking Ortho Tri-cyclen and I've used other forms of contraceptives during sex. I haven't completed the 28-day pack, and I'm only on day 21, but I just want to make sure this is normal.
Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 15th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Koalasaur, when you are on the pill you may bleed for a few days during the inactive week. So somewhere from day 22 to day 28 you should get your withdrawal bleeding. This will normally be lighter and shorter than without the pill. Some women will not bleed at all or only spot while on the pill.

It is normally some of the advantages of being on the pill, shorter and lighter bleeding, regulated bleeding, reduced PMS,smoother skin and less oily hair.

It is still safe for you to have sex during this week, even if these last 7 pills does not contain any hormones.

Best of luck and remember to read the patient insert that came with your pills.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply