Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

10 day periods and bleeding in between

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
My periods are now lasting 10 days, start out with a few days of just spotting then progress to heavy bleeding/cramps and going back to spotting. Then midcycle i'm spotting for a few more days. Timed TV sono is normal. My gyn suspects polyps and recommends a d & c. I'm terrified of surgery. I cannot be on hormones due to migraines. Do I have any other options to diagnose and treat this problem? I'm 35.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2010
Hello,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The abnormal bleeding pattern could be due to uterine polyps, ovarian problems or endometriosis. The D&C is not a big surgical procedure, it is done as a out patient procedure or a day care procedure, you need not get admitted for it. Do not be worried, go ahead with the procedure; it will help in finding out the cause for your abnormal bleeding.
Depending on the results treatment will be planned for you. If you have migraines, make sure you inform your gynecologist about them. It will help her to decide alternate medications that can be safely used for you.
Take care.

|

replied July 29th, 2010
Thank you!
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.