Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

28 day cycle, the last 5 1/2 days are spotty

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
Hi Me and my husband have been trying for a little over 2 months now and I juss started to use opk.tried going with the flow and it didnt work for me too nerve racking. anyways my periods are 7 days long first 1 1/2 days are constant regular flow then the last 5 1/2 spotty to the point mainly when i wipe. is this a bad sign??infertile??not ovulating??hopefully opk will tell me soon but i juss need peace of mind...??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2012
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Menstrual blood flow and cycle duration varies in every woman and spotting or anything does not indicate infertility.If you have a regular 28 day cycle then ovulation chances are more between 9 to 16 day of cycle and first day of period is counted as day one.
Relax yourself as stress can delay the periods and have regular intercourse during ovulation days.

You can use Ovulation prediction kits.Have healthy balanced diet and drink lots of water.Avoid smoking and alcohol.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.