Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Genetic Disorders Forum

Daughter is going through metabolic testing

I have a question for anyone that can possibly shed some light on this for me. My 2 yr old daughter was admitted into the childrens hospital recently. We are home now. And she is still having trouble with her health. Its been an on and off battle for over a yr and a half now. She suffers from dehydration, no interest in eating or drinking. When she does drink alot even after recieving IV fluids she still has a poor urine out put. She keeps losing weight and has trouble gaining it. Her pediatrician recently brought to my attention that her growth chart took a spiral downwards. Anyways, at my daughters worst times she fainted and when came to she was very lethargic. She was hospitalized and they started running lots of different tests. Finally figured out that she has an enzyme dilution. But now they came to me and said after extensive blood work they saw that her liver count was high, and her ammonia and nitrogen levels were high and they were thinking possibly her urea cycle was dysfunctional but after talking to a genetics console they werent so sure. Can any doctor please help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2012
I'm sorry about this. My daughter also doesn't like to eat and drink much and she has all the food supplements the doctor gave here. What went wrong?
|
Did you find this post helpful?