Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

daughter in law isolating our son and grandaughter

How do we fix this situation with our sons wife who seems to dislike us, the inlaws as well as our 2 daughters, his sisters. She is ok with his 4 brothers but not his sisters or his mom, me. She will let my husband see our grand daughter but not me. The reason we were given doesnt make sense and did not happen, she says I sent a text message bad mouthing the baby and I did not, would never do that. I have been alienated for this made up story for 2 years now. sad in california. We have done nothing but be kind to her, made her feel welcome at our home, forgave her for causing drama at every occasion she attended, listened to her express the drama (always made up things no one else saw) and she would come to a bday party at our home with no card, at xmas she came to the gift exchange without her gift for the name she drew which was our 12 yr old daughter, same daughter who she didnt even bring a card for, we never said a word to her about it and she never said she was sorry or even gave her gift later for the xmas exchange. At the wedding she attacked our other daughter physically, reason unknown, to this day. any advise?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2016
Family counselling!!
Hi,
I can understand your problem. From my opinion, you should go for family counselling, where a counselor will understand your problems and helps you to improve communication and resolve conflicts between family members.
Thanks!!
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2016
Family counseling only works if both/all parties sincerely want to solve their conflicts. Sometimes a difficult family member can be cajoled or convinced to go to family counseling, but they are not committed, honest or sincere about improving their relationship with another or more than one family member. You may be interested in the website by a woman who was married to a sociopath, which gives the red flags for spotting people like you describe your daughter in law to be. I'm not a counselor, but was married to sociopath, and have spent a lot of time learning about sociopaths. They are charming, destructive, dangerous liars, among other things. I don't have any suggestions on what to do, but maybe the author author of the blog/forum on sociopaths or some of her readers might. Would I be breaking any eHealth forum rules if I name the blog about sociopaths?
|
Quick Reply