Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Dating - not planning on telling him right away

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
I have genital HSV1 and was diagnosed with it a few years ago. There is this guy I have know for about 3 years and we have a connection. We have only seen each other once a year because I only see those friends so often. We have chemistry and are going to go out on a date. My fear is that we get too close and it gets ruined because of this condition. Also, that my other friends will find out because I told him, and I dont want that to happen. We are going to go on one date but I already know we will go out again. I dont want to have sex until I get married due to this condition. I am not planning on telling him right away--until I know he could be the one. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
If you are not planning to disclose your condition/infective status, then avoid sexual contact/intercourse as you have decided. Be on regular treatment and in regular follow-up & monitoring with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Avoid sexual contact especially if having outbreak.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.