Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

Dating a friend I really value her

There is a girl that I really like, and I couldn't stop thinking about her even though school's been really stressful with exams. One night, I told her over the phone about my true feelings for her and how I think she has a great personality and is so beautiful. She was pretty quiet when I was saying these things, and I was afraid it made her feel awkward, so I sent her a text later apologizing. She never responded. What does it mean when a girl is quiet after I admit my feelings to her?

My main question is how should I interact with her in the future? I've been lucky not to run into her yet, but I'm sure we'll see each other around at school. I really value her as a friend and don't want to lose her. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 8th, 2012
Hi puzzle09,

If this girl you like was quiet on the phone and there still is no text, I'd guess that she does not harbor the same feelings for you.

Even if she doesn't feel the same way, I would tell her the truth and explain that you don't want to lose her as a friend. From there, the ball is in her court and she can decide for herself whether she is comofortable to sustain the friendship. If you don't get any response, move on and do your best to remain friendly when you do bump into her.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes Smile
|

replied May 9th, 2012
Thanks for the response. Do you have more advice about how not to be awkward when I see her? Should I just pretend nothing happened?
|

replied May 17th, 2012
Well, by now I'm sure you've probably already had to bump into her, but if you haven't, I would probably avoid it altogether unless you feel comfortable enough to bring it up in a lighthearted fashion. I know it can be difficult to get past the awkwardness, but if you truly value her as a friend, you should at least try. Again, good luck!
|

replied May 17th, 2012
Well, by now I'm sure you've probably already had to bump into her, but if you haven't, I would probably avoid it altogether unless you feel comfortable enough to bring it up in a lighthearted fashion. I know it can be difficult to get past the awkwardness, but if you truly value her as a friend, you should at least try. Again, good luck!
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2012
I am sorry to break the news to you and even it's a shame that I wasn't able to befor you spoke to her:

NEVER EVER TELL A GIRL YOUR FEELINGS DIRECTLY!

For some weird reason, it kills girl's interest immediately. At this point, there is no much anymore you can do about it but forget about her and move on (in case you were still able to turn her, which is very unlikely, please share how you did it).

A better approach is just kissing her in a moment when you are close to her. In case she rejects you then, don't make a big deal out fo it in front of it. Be totally cool and understanding about it. When she then asks you why you did it or if you have feelings for her, answer: "I just felt like kissing you in this moment." That's all...don't admit to anything. In case she then says she just wants to be friends, smile, say ok and don't contact her anymore. If she doesn't contact you after that, that's ok...move on. It is likely though that she will contact you again & then she already knows something is up without being sure. Then you have very good cards. Or she let's you kiss her and it's game on!

By doing the above mentioned, you show her that you are a man, because:

1.) You took the risk and just did what you felt like
2.) You took the lead
3.) By not making a big deal out of getting rejected and just smiling, you show that you are a man that is not easily rattled, very attractive to women

Hope that helps Smile

Tom

from DatingBullet
|
Tags: admit
Quick Reply