Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

dark purple/almost black bumps?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I have several small to medium dark purple almost black bumps on the lips of my vagina.
they seem to be spreading. What could this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The dark purple/black bumps on the vaginal lips could be indicative of infection. Do not hesitate to visit your gynecologist for an examination to find out what could be causing them. Another possibility could be genital freckles.
Early recognition of the problem will help you to get it resolved soon and without complications (in case they are due to infections).
Take care.

|

replied January 3rd, 2011
i believe i have the same thing on the outside of my labia,
i have 3 small dark reddish/ purple/ black dots, they don't hurt at all, don't itch, no discomfort, they're just there and i'm afraid of what they might be.
the sizes are about, well two of them are about 1mm and one actually got larger then before is now about 3mm.
please help me, im very worried.
thank you
|

replied November 20th, 2011
help...?
i have found little black/purple lumps on the left hand side of my vagina.. is it serious? im pregnant what can cause tis..? please help i am scared!
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2011
I have one on the right side, it is painful and it bleeds. It is not very small and is purple/black. Some say it is a Bartholin's gland cyst, but those say they are painless. Mine reduced a ton in size after popping and draining it, I also am keeping it covered to keep out infection and am cleaning it regularly. WHAT IS IT?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.