Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Dark Patches around ankles

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
i have these dark patches around my ankles. initially it started off in the inner side of the ankle. it has been there since the past 7 yrs..however, now recently, the patches have been showing an upward trend towards my legs. Funny part is it doesn't hurt, nor itch.
I am 27 yrs old, female, kind of overweight, and have a history of PCOD. When i was young, I had severe cases of wheezing, wherein, i use inhalers. Just wondering if this is inter-related.
Would appreciate, if you could help me out, with this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2010
Community Volunteer
This generally means a lack of circulation in your legs...Being overweight can make this more of a problem...You may want to see a Dermatologist and get his/her thoughts on elastic stockings to force the blood back up your legs...Usually this darn area is a iron deposit, but you really should get this looked into....Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply