Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

dark brown period ? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Im really not understanding this...Okey I have a question, I just got my period 2 days ago, well its suppose to be but it does not look like blood, its dark brown and yeah then a little red blood comes out, not alot though...but ayway..Why is this?...Is it normal?...Could it be symptoms of something??...I'm not getting cramps or anything like I usually do.........I'm asking this b/c my bf came inside of me last month the last day my period was ending..(I wus just spotting a little)..but anyway, I was told i couldnt get pregnant like that....I shouldnt be right?..so is it just normal or what is is?....Thanx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper katrina2008
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Well, yes, you could get pregnant that way. You can get pregnant during your period, before it, after it, any time. If you don't want to get pregnant, you need to use some type of birth control.

A pregnancy test might be a good idea.

If you're not pregnant, the bleeding is probably perfectly normal... sometimes brown bleeding is just a build up of older/dried blood. Not something to worry about.
|

replied July 23rd, 2008
Finally an answer!...Thanks!......I just trusted certain people who guaranteed me that it was impossible to get pregnant 5 days before and 5 days after your period...So I'm guessing this is not true!!...And about my bleeding yeah, I'm not bleeding normal, just what I mentioned earlier dark brown stains on the pad and no red....I'm not having morning sickness...so I doubt that I am pregnant...but just the fact that he DID cum inside me, has me still thinking....Thats why I was asking if, there was a chance it would be positive even with this 'period'....
|

replied July 18th, 2012
if you think of it to much that you can be prego it can be all mental
|

replied July 23rd, 2008
I'm sorry for asking this again...but can pregnant girls still discharge what is happenig to me??
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
There is a small chance of having light (blood) discharge during pregnancy. If it was a full period, I'd say probably not, but since it's not, there's a small small chance that you could be pregnant.

Don't freak out about it too much... but you should probably take a test. If it's been at least 2 weeks since you had sex (which I think it has) you can take a pregnancy test and it would be accurate.
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
Pregnant woman can have a discharge called implantation bleeding. This is when the egg burrows into the lining of the uterus. Not all women see this during pregnancy, so it's not always something to look for when trying to figure out you're pregnant.

I wouldn't listen to other people. Always have yourself protected one way or another. That way, you won't be nervous and freaking out when things like this happen. Always have a form of birth control around. I'm begging you, don't listen to other people because they sometimes have no idea what they are talking about. As a teacher, I overhear what some students think...and I'm appalled! Keep yourself protected, ok?

Good luck!
|

replied February 28th, 2009
brown period
hi about two weeks ago i had my period the next week i had sex the whole week and now this week brown spots can i be pregnant
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2009
Especially eHealthy
There's no way to tell this soon, but yes, you could be pregnant. Wait a while.
|

replied March 1st, 2009
still spoting brown i also have very light cramps should i be worried
|

replied May 16th, 2009
?
Kathrina, did you find out what was happening to you?
|

replied May 22nd, 2009
Dark Brown spotting?
I'm going through something odd right now. I took two test the last couple days to see if I was preggo. Both came back positive. This morning I have a dark brown spotting I guess you'd say. So I took another test and that one said negative. Can anyone give me an idea what's going on?
|

replied April 1st, 2010
dark brown???
Um.... I think you shoul see a doctor about that. something could be wrong and i dont want to sit here and say youre fine when i have no idea at all. Please go get it checked out and i wish you the best of luck.

I usually get my period on the 21st of every month. I was late so I assumed it was because my pill was making me irregular. So i expected my period to come on the 5th which mean my period is slowly going to normal with the pills im on. its the 1st now and i started my period yesterday but its was dark brown almost black, and it was only a little. i bled very little red after that and today. oh and the day i was supposed to originally get my period on the 21st i bled once and only a little and it just went away until now. Could i be pregnant???
|

replied April 1st, 2010
No one can tell you if you''re pregnant just by the sign of brown blood. If you are having sex - it is always possible that you could get pregnant. Therefore, if you question it - wait a couple weeks and take a test!

Regarding the brown blood - it''s old blood tissue. If you are late, the tissue is late getting out - so it''s darker than normal. Every period I have - it is dark brown, because I am extremely irregular. I used to have a period every month, but then it went to every 3 months, to every 6 months, and now...I think it''s been about a year since my last period. Hmmm... I suppose I ought to go to the doctor since I''m only 28. It''s not possible to go through ''the change'' this early, is it?
|

replied April 13th, 2010
@ chick with irregular periods
There have been very few cases of females going through "the change" in their late twenties.. it''s rare, but it can happen. As for your period irregularities, see a doctor. I''m 21, but I''ve had issues with my periods like that since I was 16. Apparently I have PCOS... Which sucks.. but meh. You don''t hear alot about it because no one likes to talk about it, though doctors are finding more and more girls have it.
|

replied April 14th, 2010
Odd that you mention PCOS. I actually researched after I posted the previous reply, and learned about PCOS. It seems I have A Lot of the symptoms...

So I guess the general advice is...
If you experience something that raises an eyebrow, don't freak out right away... but if it percists, get to the doctor to make sure it is nothing serious (or keep it from getting worse).

And for Ohhaithurr...I do not know if you are into natural cures, but I found an interesting article on eHow titled 'Natural Cure for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome'.
|

replied April 15th, 2010
Katrina I believed the same thing when I was 20 that I could not get pregnant during the end of my period when it was light. My daughter is 8 now. You can get pregnant 3 days of the month. There is no way to know when those three days will be. With an exception of maybe an ovulation test. It could during your period after before. Take a test. If it is positive congrats. My daughter is the best thing that ever happened to me and I would not change a thing.
|

replied August 8th, 2010
so confused with PCOS
I was recently diagnosed with PCOS I have been on progesterone for about7 days now and then I started what I thought was my period however I am not sure considering it is almost black and lasted about 12 hours. I have been trying to get pregnant for about two years so I am not sure what is going on!!! Any advice?
|

replied August 13th, 2010
Dark Brown period?
Hi everyone,

I cant seem to remember the last time i had my period. I think it might have been about two months ago now. But i have been having some brown spotting here and there. I even had a brown dark almost black period for about 3-4 days. After that some more spotting and now its happened again. Day one of maybe another brown 3 day long period? I have no idea whats going on... i dont think im pregnant, i am always using condoms with my boyfriend as a type of birth control. So if anyone may have an idea of whats going on please let me know! Thank you!
|

replied September 10th, 2010
First Day of Menstration
My periods for as long as I can remember start with a dark brown dried blood discharge and then 2 days later the full on (red) menstration begins. What is considered the first day of my period in terms of calculating when I will be ovulating, etc?
|

replied October 15th, 2010
Am I pregnant
hello..I am so curious and I want to know if I am pregnant or not.. me and my bf had unprotected sex after my period we had 3 days spent together,I had twice period last month.. at the end of the month i had my period again but in first day i had a spot then in the afternoon it's not a red blood infact it's a dark brown blood. My period was ended almost 6 days..but most of it is dark brown. after my period i had this symptoms like swing mood, food craving, vomiting in the morning but most of it in the afternoon, headached/nausea, i hate the the smoke of the cigaritte and smoke belching it makes me dizzy. I wanna know if it is a sign of pregnancy. i am so excited to have a baby. I took a home pregnancy test but the result was negative. thank you
|