Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Dark bites - don't itch

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
I came back from a trip and I thought I was being bitten by mosquitoes but on the inside of my thigh there were bites that didn’t itch and got darker and larger. They are about the size of a nickel and 2 or 3 shades darker than my skin color (I’m tanned/light brown) they don’t itch and I just want them to go away. I've had them for a week or two. I don’t know what to do or what they are. The skin is dry with no irritation at all. I also have one on my wrist and my back, I first thought it was a mosquito bite then i thought it was a spider bite. It is really worrying me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 29th, 2010
Hi FouraFriend, Here is what you need to do. First feel the Area around the bite, is it warmer that the rest of your skin? Is it oozing any liquid? Are you feeling sick(headache,nausia, flue like symptoms)? if so you need to see your doctor.

If not.. Take a pen and draw a circle around the bit (a little over the red swollen part) if the red swelling continues to move outside the circle you drew you need to see your doctor and inform them of how fast the swelling increased.

In the mean time use a topical antihistomine or a benedryl and it might help with the reaction to the bug bite. Cold water helps or a mix of bakingsoda and water to help draw the venom ( if it has venom) out.

I would not freak out though, some people's bodys and depending on the bite just take a little longer to heal.
|
Did you find this post helpful?