Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Damaged heart from diabetes

Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
I was told my diabetes damaged 75% of my heart. What exercises and drugs can improve a damaged heart?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2008
Community Volunteer
Treatment for heart disease includes meal planning to ensure a heart-healthy diet and physical activity. In addition, you may need medications to treat heart damage or to lower your blood glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol. If you are not already taking a low dose of aspirin every day, your doctor may suggest it. You also may need surgery or some other medical procedure. Here is a website with great information about diabetes long-term effects: http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/stro ke/#prevent

I hope it helps!
|
Did you find this post helpful?