Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Damaged Finger joint

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
I damaged my finger joint ( Right hand ring finger, top joint) about 8 months back, while playing. That time the doctor told me it should get better with time and the pain would go completely. However even after 8 months,the pain is still very much there and I can't bend at the joint as well. Now when the met the doctor, I was told the only option is fusing which would mean the finger would be stiff for the rest of my life. I am 38 and quite active in sports and this injury has affected all my sports activities and the very thought of becoming this permanent puts me down to say the least.

Have you got any idea whether there is any other treatment for my finger please?
Did you find this post helpful?
|