Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

daily migraines cause thirst, sickness, dizziness

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
I have suffered with migraines for 15 years.They have got worse in the last year and I am now getting daily migraines. they are always through my left eye and cause increased thirst, sickness, dizziness,loss of balance and my eyelid droops as if I have have had a stroke.I am very tired every day as they are draining. I wake up every day with a bad headache which progresses into this type of migraine every day. I feel so low about it I don't know what to do next. I have had my eyes tested and my vision is fine.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2012
Headache and Migraines Answer A32651
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

Since you have a headache almost daily, what you have is in all probability not a simple migraine but a chronic daily headache (CDH). This can be the primary type—without any cause. One simple reason for daily headaches with nausea is compression of cervical spinal nerves. Another reason is TMJ, especially if the headache starts with chewing. The third reason could be severe acidity with or without GERD. The CDH could also be secondary to trauma, raised intracranial hypertension, high blood pressure, temporal arteritis etc. Hence all these need to be ruled out.

If the headache lasts for less than 4 hours then it could be a chronic cluster headache or a chronic paroxysmal hemicranias. If it lasts for more than 4 hours it could be chronic tension headache, chronic migraine or altered migraine or hemicranias continua. Indomethacin is the drug of choice in hemicranias continua. In fact the diagnosis is considered confirmed if a patient responds to Indomethacin. Consult a gynecologist and rule out hormone imbalance and low estrogen as the cause of your headaches.

Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your doctor once. You may need some tests for confirmed diagnosis which may include blood tests, MRI etc. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.