Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

Daily headaches and nausea

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
User Profile
I always get really bad headaches, like migraines. I get a headache every single day though. not one day will pass without me having a headache. whether it be throbbing or normal headache. I also feel sick sometimes at night, i have taken pregnancy tests and al are negative. Like for instance tonight right as i was eating i started feeling sick and i dontknow why . my dad ate the same thing and feels fine. could you please help me figure out what is wrong and what i need to do. thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2010
Nausea Answer A10420
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

Since you have a headache almost daily, what you have is in all probability not a simple migraine but a chronic daily headache (CDH). This can be the primary type—without any cause.

One simple reason for daily headaches with nausea is compression of cervical spinal nerves. Another reason is TMJ, especially if the headache starts with chewing. The third reason could be severe acidity with or without GERD. The CDH could also be secondary to trauma, raised intracranial hypertension, high blood pressure, temporal arteritis etc.

If the headache lasts for less than 4 hours then it could be a chronic cluster headache or a chronic paroxysmal hemicranias. If it lasts for more than 4 hours it could be chronic tension headache, chronic migraine or altered migraine or hemicranias continua.

Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your doctor once. You may need some tests for confirmed diagnosis which may include blood tests, MRI etc. You may also need to consult a neurologist. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nausea , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.