Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

daily headache same time of day

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
for 3 days at 4pm i get a headache it starts behind my right eye and slowly moves over my forehead until it reaches the bottom of my scull where it meets my neck, it hurts to lean forward as all the pain goes from my neck to my nose and right eye... i have also had a blood nose in the right nostril every time i blow it or use a cotton tip to clear it. paracetamol and aspirin don't work until i use max dose..and then it only last 1 hr the head ache stays all night and keeps me awake then about 8am it dissipates completely.
what can i do to relieve it and what could be causing it? Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Seeing we as creatures of habit, we sometimes can form our own problems...If it was me, I would hide every clock in my house and not look at them....Then see what happens....Take care...

Caroline
|
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: losingit 

replied May 8th, 2010
well im not home when it happens so im not really looking at the clock but it is around the same time every day and the closest time is 4 some times its 3:30ish up until 4:30 5ish but it happening daily for the last 3 days before that it was like every3 day or so. i think its my sinus but am unsure?
|

replied May 21st, 2010
What you have told it appears that you are suffering from Cluster headaches,Cluster headaches are a fairly common form of chronic, repeated headaches. They are more common in men than women. The headaches can occur at any age but are most common in adolescence and middle age. The tend to run in families.
Scientists do not know exactly what causes cluster headaches, but they appear to be related to the body's sudden release of histamine or serotonin.
The following may trigger cluster attacks:
1. Alcohol and cigarette smoking
2. High altitudes (trekking, air travel)
3. Bright light (including sunlight)
4. Exertion
5. Heat (hot weather, hot baths)
6. Foods high in nitrites (such as bacon and preserved meats)
7. Certain medications (including nitroglycerin and various blood pressure medications)
8. Cocaine
Treatment does not cure cluster headaches. The goal of treatment is to relieve symptoms. The headaches may go away on their own, or you may need treatment to prevent them.
Painkillers do not usually relieve the pain from cluster headaches. Generally, they take too long to work.
The following medications may also be used to treat or prevent headache symptoms:

1. Antiseizure medications such as topiramate and valproic acid
2. Indomethacin or naproxen
3. Lithium carbonate
4. Calcium channel blockers such as verapamil
5. Propranolol
6. Amitriptyline
7. Cyproheptadine

In rare cases, surgery on certain nerve cells near the brain may be recommended if medications do not work.Side effects of medications or surgery may be severe.
Call for an appointment with your health care provider if cluster headaches do not respond to treatment, if headaches disturb sleep, if they happen whenever you are active, or are accompanied by other symptoms.

Emergency symptoms include drowsiness, vision changes, changes in movement or sensation, seizures, changes in alertness, and nausea or vomiting.
|