Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Cysts on ovaries - normal ?

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
User Profile
A few weeks ago I had an ultrasound of my ovaries and there were many cysts all over my ovaries. My Gyno who I've seen for the last 20 years told me that it is normal for a woman my age (44) to have cysts on the ovaries. I've had irregular periods for years and though I'm not complaining, I only get it for a day or so. I'm planning to get a second opinion but I was curious to see what some of you had to say about my doctor's reaction to about 10 cysts on my ovaries. I also have them in my breasts and he just keeps sending me back for more ultrasounds. Even though they have gotten bigger he never seems alarmed. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2009
Supporter
when i first found out i had a cyst on my ovary. i seen this gyn. doctor who just gave me ultrasounds for six visits and told me i m fine.

i complained to my primary care doctor, so he sent me to another gyn. doctor and that's when the doctor was so informative. he addressed me spotting for weeks, and getting on birth control. i went from spotting for weeks to bleeding very heavy with clots for weeks. so i had a hysteroscopy (camera in uterus+ d&c) d&c=scrape the lining of my uterus because it had thicken and caused heavy bleeding.
point
yes, you should get a second opinion. when your scared about something or concerned about it, your doctor should reassure you by explaining everything and tell you what he can do for you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank starship33 for this post: wendyrs