Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Cyst after pilonidal cyst removal

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
First, im not fond of doctors, they normally dont know what they're talking about. But im a little desperate so here goes.
Three months ago i had surgery for a pilonidal cyst. Now they say I have a cyst near my belly button. I'm always tired, I take an unusually long time to heal from bruises, and I'm normally cold... i figure it may just be anemia. However.. it's not normal to have two cysts pop up out of nowhere on two different locations within 3 months.. is it? Could it be something else?
Oh, and i have no insurance. Haven't had it since i was 16, wont be able to afford it anytime soon.. so a cheap answer would be just awesome! Question nurse
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Feeling fatigue, having bruises for longer than usual (2 weeks is usual time for a bruise to heal), feeling cold, could be symptoms of decreased activity of a thyroid gland.
Since the thyroid gland plays a crucial role in maintaining the body's defenses, its low function will make one more susceptible to viral and bacterial infections (ex.having recurrent attacks of pilonidal cyst).
The cyst you have near the belly button could be a sebaceous cyst (benign cyst) or urachal cyst.
Another condition that need to be checked is diabetes.
Diabetes causes the above symptoms, too, leading to susceptibility to frequent localized infections.
Treatment of pilonidal cyst doesn't guarantee a permanent positive outcome.
Even after surgical therapy, this condition has high percent of recurrences.

Visit your physician and do blood tests for thyroid gland hormonal status and blood sugar levels!
|
Did you find this post helpful?