Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Fibromyalgia Forum

Cymbalta and Fibromyalgia

Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...
Fibromyalgia And Cymbalta?

I have Fibromyalgia and may consider taking cymbalta...does or have anyone taken Cymbalta for their Fibromyalgia? I do not want to gain another ounce stopped smoking and gained 20 lbs. So,One question did anyone gain weight whom have used Cymbalta to manage their Fibromyalgia? Any info will help. Before I put this drug in my body.Thanks In Advance for any honest
help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2010
Cymbalta I put weight on so fast it must of been dangerous. So my Pain Consultant put me on Amitriptylene same but also is prescribed to help people sleep maximmum dose is 150mg ur doc may start you on low dose. Hope I helped good luck

xTwinklex
|

replied April 26th, 2010
Been on Cybalta for about 5-6 years without weight gain or other side effects which could be attributed directly to the drug.
|

replied July 3rd, 2010
I started taking Cymbalta a couple of months ago and put on about 10 lbs. It seems to be working great for the aches but now I am just feeling heavy and run down.
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2010
If weight gain is a concern I probalby wouldn't try Lyrica either. There's a lot of people that put on weight using Lyrica as well.
|

replied September 28th, 2010
I have been taking Cymbalta for about 9 months for fibromyalgia. I started out on 30mg for 1 month and then increased to 60mg. I have not gained any weight, in fact I've lost about 10 lbs. I can move around more and exercise without all the aches and pains. I do keep a food diary, try to eat healthy (lots of fresh fruits & veggies, lean meat, whole grain etc) and also try to avoid processed foods. Hope this helps.
|

replied October 11th, 2010
Hi-I am on Cymbalta and have not gained anymore weight than I already have on me. In fact, we just adjusted it up to90mg because of a flare , I wont say I feel fine but it has eased off the burn and pain. Fibro is so debilitating when u are in a flare-U just have to learn to breath and know when to back off on the extras you do when u do have a moment of no flare.
Nan
|

replied February 19th, 2011
Hi I've just recently started cymbalta and am concerned that I'm more tired than normal taking day time naps for 3-4 hours since starting it 3 days ago. I'm light headed, nearly dizzy at times, not that hungry, headachy and have no energy - help! Is this normal?? Any advice gratefully accepted.
Sonya
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2011
Joy2boomer,

Yes, I am on Cymbalta (for Fibro) and yes I have gained weight. I was on Paxil(7yrs), Lyrica (3 days, blew up like a blow fish), and now Cymbalta (2 yrs). Over all I have gained weight on everything. Was a size 2 in 2002 now a size 12 in 2011, it really bites! I have been trying for three months to get off Cymbalta, the side effects are tough...Good luck to you!
|

replied March 9th, 2011
I was put on Amitriptylene for Fibro and gained about ten pounds and I still can't tell if it really helps much at all. The doctor wants to raise the milligrams but I'm leary becaue it makes me sleep so much at night. (Which is a good thing but i have to get up and go to work in the morning).
|
Quick Reply