Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

cutting

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
User Profile
i cant stop thinking of cutting. its driving me nut. i feel so alone... i dont know what to do
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 6th, 2010
You have to try and distract yourself from the topic. if you're just thinking about it, try to get yourself busy with something else. Go out with some friends, go hang at the park, pick up a hobby. The urge to cut only lasts a few minutes so try to distract yourself. Keep fighting it.
hang in there.
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2010
its last more then a few minutes i tend to think of it for more then a hour or two..
|

replied December 20th, 2010
I know what you mean.. I can't stop thinking about it. I am 13 and just started cutting last month.. and I can't stop! I haven't cut for a week now because I am trying to stop. Maybe uh.. write a story? Or draw? It might take your mind off of things.
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2011
i writen over 40 storys it doesnt help anymore i drawn 1000s of pictures i writen to my poems but now theres nothing for me to do to stop those feelings
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2011
talk to someone.
phone a friend just get youself or your mindstate out the cutting idea.
i was just like you, id suddenly just get this urge to cut and i couldnt stop thinking about it. i use to just be lying in my bed then suddenly i found my self thinking of where to cut next.
I see where you are coming from with the pictures and stories, i use to write songs and play piano but after a while it got so repetitive it stopped keeping my mind off cutting. it sucked...
but if you need someone to talk to im here!
|

replied March 23rd, 2013
I HAVE BEEN CUTTING FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS NOW... i have a craving for it every time i get upset or mad.. i have had a lot of depression.. i lost my 28 year old brother last febuary, he was found hanging in a tree. was said to b suicide never actually proven. then in december i lost my heart and soul to cancer, my daddy.. every since then i feel i have got worse i cant say how long i have fought depression, but now its going too far, but when i cut it all goes away the pain stops. i do it so i do so i dont take it out on my kids or boyfriend.. i also feel unwanted never good enough, ive always been told im impossible to make happy:( overall im just sad
|
Tags: alone
Quick Reply