Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Cutting...is it wrong to do?

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
I don't really do cutting for the fun of it or anything... it's just a habit. Is it wrong to want to see blood? Honestly, blood freaks me out. But for some reason when I cut I WANT to see blood. It's weird. And I don't know why. Me being odd, I don't bleed very often. I get a scar... but I don't bleed. I don't know why. Is there something wrong with me? I have a therapist; But I talk to her about other things... like my sister. Lots of stuff has happened and I've been seeing her since I was 6. But, the place I go to is closed now and I can't see her again. My last appointment was last month and there's no way to re-connect with her.I don't know what to do. I'm not suicidal. Not at all. I would never leave my life behind; I'm lucky to be alive. I just don't know why I'm like this. Is it wrong to do?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile silentyprincess
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2012
i use to once cut myself, i have since i was 15, it's nothing to be ashamed off, it's just your cry for help, no one can see the pain you are suffering, people use to say to me it was attention seeking but it wasn't.

no it isn't weong to do it, but you should seek medical help, you will never fully recover but at least you will see your life in a better light.
|

replied February 10th, 2012
Experienced User
I agree with silentyprincess. I've done it since I was 13, and have not done it too much since I've been on meds for bipolar disorder. However, I haven't been to a therapist for 5 years, and am finally going back, and glad of it. Seeking medical help is best and can help, and may not fully recover from it. Self-injury for me, is like a part of me, so, it's like it'll always be there. Take care!
|
Tags: alive
Quick Reply