Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Cut on Penis

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I seem to have gotten a cut on my penis below the head on the underside, and when I went to urinate the stimulation caused it to bleed a little, but when I was done it stopped bleeding. I tried to put hydrogen peroxide on it, but it didnt seem to help, whenever I messed with it to try and look at the cut it would bleed, but when I stopped messing with it, the bleeding would stop. It looks like its coming from the vein on the underside of my penis. I'm not too worried to go to the doctor yet as it doesnt bleed when Its left alone. I was wondering if people have had problems with any sort of cut on their penis that has acted like this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2008
Supporter
Sometimes it takes awhile for cuts or lacerations on the penis to heal just because of the nature of the penis. The skin is constantly moving and can't really stay still enough to heal quickly. As long as you're not in any pain or discomfort and you're keeping it clean, you should have no problem.
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Clean it every time you urinate so as not to get it infected. Simply using toilet paper should suffice. But be sure to use soap and water at least once a day.

Since it's not continuously bleeding, I doubt you hit the vein, sounds like you just scratched the surface. Just leave it alone and it'll heal on it's own. The more you mess with it, the longer it'll take to heal.
|

replied June 18th, 2008
Thanks guys, its been getting better and the advice helped Smile
|

replied July 2nd, 2013
I'm in the same boat. Will the healing process scar up skin to skin? In other words, will any activity rip the area apart again?
|
Tags: penis, head
Quick Reply