Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Cut on gum

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Hey all,

I've had this cut for at least 2 weeks, maybe more, can't remember. It just won't heal. I have a little brush that goes between the wires of my braces and everytime the cut bleeds. I'm hoping it's nothing serious like gum disease or something.

The cut goes across the gum between the canine and the first premolar, right between both teeth.

It has a a reddish colour.

I brush my teeth every morning and night, with all the brushes for the braces as well. I also use mouthwash every night and a special fluoride mouthwash once a week advised by my orthodontist, so I don't think it's a hygiene issue hopefully.

If anyone has had a similar problem or can shed any light on the situation it would be of great help, I'm really worried about it because its been over 2 weeks and I've had a lot of problems with my braces so I don't want to add another thing to the list

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2008
Supporter
It doesn't sound like you're experiencing gum disease. During a gum disease the gums become red and swollen and can bleed easily. Most people can reverse this with daily brushing and flossing and seeing their dentist regularly. But this isn't working for you...the cut isn't healing.

I'd suggest that you STAY AWAY from the cut with your toothbrush for a while. Maybe gargle with salt water. And can your orthodontist's office and ask for advice. Phone consults with the nurse are certainly appropriate!
|

replied November 21st, 2008
I'll try the salt water gargle and ring my orthodontist Monday morning.

Thanks.
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2008
Supporter
You are very welcome...and please let us know what the diagnosis and recommended treatment are...I'm curious as to what can be applied to the gums!
|

replied January 26th, 2009
gum problems
I recommend IPSAB, which is available at most health-food stores. It is the Edgar Cayce remedy for gum trouble and has been a miracle for me.

I was reading this article because I somehow cut my gum. I am headed to the store since the IPSAB bottle is long empty Smile

I also recommend rinsing in ordinary 3% hydrogen peroxide as a germ killer.
|

replied November 14th, 2011
Cut in the gum
I have the same problem only it hurts but its not red or anything its just really white, looks like a cut though. I know this happend when i went to the orthodontist i dont know what happened but its been hurting since.
|

replied January 16th, 2013
PLEASE HELP. DENTURE CUT ON MY GUM
I have had my dentures top & bottom now for 2 years.
And I have not had any problems, until now. My bottom
denture is now causing a problem. I have a cut in one
spot on the right side of my gum. What can I do?
Until I can get to the dentist. Please help
|

replied January 16th, 2013
PLEASE HELP. DENTURE CUT ON MY GUM
I have had my dentures top & bottom now for 2 years.
And I have not had any problems, until now. My bottom
denture is now causing a problem. I have a cut in one
spot on the right side of my gum. What can I do?
Until I can get to the dentist. Please help
|

replied August 24th, 2013
Cut in my mouth
There's a cut on my lower right side of my mouth , a couple days ago I noticed it and it was fairly little but now it's swollen & I have had a baby tooth pulled out last summer and It is right under my gum down ther, it's like the small lining of skin , the skin hovering over my jaw, I between my gums and my cheek and it is hurting really bad... My mom says I may need stitches but I really hope not... What am I to do?
|

replied September 3rd, 2013
gum cut
Had this same cut for a while now, but recently blood started gushing daily specially during brushing but also some times without the brushing, and the cut is visible and seems not healing. please advice
|