Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Cut inside vagina

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
A week ago my boyfriend accidently cut me inside my vagina,I went to the doctor and he told me that it will heel on its own but Im worried since the cut was caused with finger nail. Im wondering if it would get infected just for beig a cut with finger nail.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Crystal90909
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Not likely. The vagina is an amazing organ, with properties that allow it to heal on its own usually. Refrain from trying to wash the inside of your vagina with douches, soaps, etc. The vagina is a self-cleaning organ and cleaning it out can upset the natural, healthy bacteria and natural pH. Do not attempt to apply any medications either, unless advised by your doctor.
If you are having signs of a vaginal infection (bad or fishy odor, green or yellow discharge, or a discharge that looks like cottage cheese, fever, burning sensation), see your doctor as soon as possible.
|

replied November 30th, 2009
My BF just did this same thing!1just happened to me, was really wondering what I should do so thanks for the advice!! I am also using vaseline too seems to help. Hopefully its not a bad thing!
|

replied December 8th, 2009
vaginal scratch
Just went to the doctor for scratching myself when wiping after using the bathroom. Hurts like a son-of-a-b&tch.

After three days I went to the doctor, he prescribed lidicaine 2% (sp?). Not only will it numb the area, but the added lubrication will help it heal and cut down on the friction.

Hopefully, it will heal soon and I can go back to a normal life and activity.

Good luck girls.
|

replied July 20th, 2013
Hey this is kinda embarrassing but I'm 14 and and was scratching myself with my underwear on until I felt this pain so I looked and it had a scratch on the outside of my vagina. It was swollen in that one place. I'm still a virgin so I'm not thinking anything of it but I don't want it to get infected what do I do?? Oh and I really wash down there but it kinda smells what do I do to get that smell to go away?? someone please help?? Rolling Eyes
|

replied October 30th, 2013
have you bleed from this?
|

replied December 16th, 2012
Nail cut in vagina
I Hari, Usually i also put my finger in my wifes vagina it cut down down by my nail blood came when she is going to urine pain is coming it will heel soon please suggest which doctor should we go
|

replied March 30th, 2013
Help me
Yeah I fingered myself three days ago and now I'm bleeding red but a lot crazy looks like blood globes. And doesn't hurt. I am a virgin. I'm 13. I broke my hymen or I cut my vaginal inside area. :/ I'm getting worried because its not my period! Now it's my third day bleeding straight! Sad I'm scared! Help!!
|

replied May 12th, 2013
inner vaginal cut during forplay
Yes I just had the same thing happen to me. While he was inside me with his fingers I felt a pain and then started to bleed small clots along with light colored blood so clearly I am cut. When I went to check it out in the wshm after now I'm having mild to moderate cramping and down there (its been about half an hour) is making gushy type sounds. I am hoping that its just healing itself? It was done with his finger nail cuz well that's all we got in there today and we were going quite rough.... I'm not sure if I should go to a dr? But I think I will cuz I don't want to risk infection as it is already feeling Quite irritated and these sounds are bugging me... Eeks... Sad hopefully its minor
|

replied July 14th, 2013
Nail Cut Help ASAP
my bf was fingering me he started going fast and i moved to get more comfortable he cut me with his fingernail and it hurted really bad it was bleeding for a good 10 minutes then like a little blood globe came out but it was thing and stringy like after it stopped bleeding my bf checked the cut out and in the cut there is a small purple looking ball anyone can tell me what to do or what can it be idk if i should go to the doctor i feel no pain whatsoever.
|

replied November 21st, 2013
scared
a few days ago my boyfriend was fingering me and i felt a small pain but didnt take mutch notice. after that we had sex and when i went to the bathroom i saw blood he had cut the inside of my vagina my mum told me to put some cream on it and it was feeling okay but today my bf and i had sex and now it is hurting again im worried about weather there is something wrong. the cut is on the wall of the inside of my vagina but it is hurting from were it is all the way down to the bottom please help me im scared :'(
|

replied November 21st, 2013
Community Volunteer
Scratches can take a while to heal. Luckily it is very clean there, and it seldomly gets infected.

If is not the wisest thing to put cream inside your vagina. Your vagina is a very finely balanced Eco-system of bacteria and yeast. When it gets disturbed, you get an infection. Cream will anyways not hold there. It is wet inside and discharge will just wash it out. If the cut/tear is large enough to cause problems, it normally needs stitches. Otherwise keeping it dry and airy, and keeping chemicals away from it will make it heal by itself.

Of course, if you meant vulva (clitoris, inner lips, outer lips, area between inner lips) rather than vagina (the hole going into your body), there is a different set of recommendations to follow.

So give it some time to heal. If you are worried, see your doctor. Make sure you are very wet and slippery during sex.
|
Quick Reply