Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Cut in vaginal area

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I noticed that I had a very small cut in my vagina a couple days ago. It hurts when I use the bathroom since it's an open cut.

I put neosporin on it b/c it was the only thing I could think of that could maybe help heal it without it burning. I still have the cut and it hurts worse. Now I think it's infected b/c there is white all around the cut.

anyone have ANY suggestions on this?? I'm going to call my OBGYN but this is not good and I don't know what to do.

HELP!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
what could the cut be from? Have you fallen or had rough sex recently? I know sometimes you can get cuts as a result of dryness and your skin has cracked. This could be from a yeast infection or even an STD. Have you had unprotected sex recently?
|

replied August 1st, 2008
I think it was just a dryness thing b/c I haven't had any rough sex lately, nothing that would have caused me to get a cut at least.

I just went and bought some yeast infection medicine. I've had unprotected sex but it's the same partner I've had for 1 1/2 years and we're both clean so I don't think that's possible...
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
yeah then its probably just from being dry. It happens to me alot and at different times of the month. Sometimes your natual lubes are just out of whack..lol

Try the medication and see if that helps. Once thats gone make sure you are nice and lubed up for sex before you start that way you dont irritate it again.

and if it keeps happening it wouldnt hurt to see a doctor. Good luck.
|

replied September 22nd, 2009
please help... immediate response needed!!
i too have irritation just below my vagina, above the anus, but the scratching has lead to two open cuts now and they hurt real bad even while i pee or take a shower. i always keep that area as clean as possible, even after sex i wash myself there. This problem started a two months back, wen i had sex and i was a a bit dry, its probably coz of that. but now i dont know how to treat it.. its been so long n i've tried antiseptics, every time i stertch my legs i feel the cuts open again.!! i dont wanna go to the gynea, i dnt think its an std, me n my boyfriend are clean, this is for the first time in a two years, and we both have never slept with anybody else.. pleeeaasee help.. !!!
|