Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

CT Scan head injury

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I had a fall 4 weeks ago and fell over backwards smashing my head on a tiled floor, I blacked out for a few seconds. should I have a CT scan i am having mild headaches and my head is still sore & tingeling?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
Mccann,

You could be having post-concussive syndrome. That is something that would have to be determined by a neurologist.

While a CT or MRI may be ordered by the neurologist for full work-up, it is probably not manditory at this time.

A CT is usually obtained immediately after a patient has had an injury which causes a period of unconsciousness to determine if there is a subdural or epidural hematoma (bleeding within the brain). Either of these can cause life threatening problems.

But, you have had a "trial of life". If you would have had a problem with a bleed, it would have showed up by now.

Again, you could be having a post-concussive syndrome. For that, you should see a neurologist. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?