Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Crying and mood swings

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
i am crying all the time i have moodswings and i feel like i just wont to end my life i feel like noone wonts me i have medication for it but i still feel like this is this normal i dont like being like this i have split up with my boyfriend i liked another man and then my sister went with the man i liked i think i could be going to jail for lying i am trying to help my family and it is not good enought i am going throw corts for my oldest dughter i am scred i am going to lose my kids and i feel like no one wonts me around i feel like if i just get out of everyones life thay will be so much better off i wont to give my kids up to welfare becouse i feel like i have nothing to live for i just wont a happy normal life why cant i have that with mi kids i have had a lot of stuff going on all my life and i dont wont to live that life again why cant i have a life like everone esle has why am i any different please i need someone to help me i just dont wont to feel like this i just wont a life

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2010
Depression Answer A9806
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem to be suffering from major depression and need urgent psychiatric consultation. You need drug therapy which is most important no doubt but also require psychotherapy to cope with decreased self esteem and demoralization which will help in improving the outcome. Cognitive behavioural and interpersonal therapies are important in improving psychological and social adjustment. You need more frequent visits to your doctor till the time symptoms of major depression ameliorate.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.