Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Crooked toes and Valgus Deviation

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
User Profile
Both my second toes are crooked. I don't know how long I've had this condition. It has been a very long time. It's starting to affect other toes. I've uploaded a picture here:
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/326/img 5538lh7.jpg
In case the image above doesn't work: http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r27/pro cyon1/IMG_5538.jpg
I'm not sure what I should do.
Thanks in advance for you help!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2008
Foot Disorders Answer A3832
According to the picture you’ve sent me, it is likely you have valgus deviation of the distal phalange of the second toe. This condition can be congenital or acquired. An X-ray image can be requested to confirm the diagnosis. You may want to consult an orthopedist about your condition.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: diagnosis, affect
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Foot Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.