Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Cream-colored, stringy, super-thick mucus?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I'm 19 years old, mother of one. I've noticed lately that I've had this thick, stringy mucus-like stuff coming out of my vagina. I got curious so I put a finger up there, felt around, pulled it out and bam, had a ton of it on there. It was all the way at the back though. Apologize for all the TMI but I seriously need an opinion on this.
My husband and I have been trying to have another child (yes, we're young, we don't need snide comments - heard them all). I'm unsure if this is a pregnancy symptom or if I'm ovulating, or even if I have some kind of infection. I don't have any itching, no foul smell (in fact, it's completely odorless other than the normal vag smell). It's the consistency of snot but not the same color (no green tinge). It's almost cream-colored. And when I said there was a lot of it, I mean there was a lot. No exaggerations. I'm just wondering if I need to go pee on a stick, if I'm ovulating or if I need to set up an appointment with my OBGYN as fast as possible. I've never had any STDs or vaginal infections before, but since my pregnancy was 1 year and 9 months ago to start, I don't recall a lot of the things my body did to begin with other than excessive vomiting. Please help me out, I'm seriously freaked out by this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 27th, 2011
Also, I noticed while I was "up there" that my uterus is kind of positioned weird. It's almost like it's closer to the entrance than it should be. Is this normal and does it coincide with the discharge? Is this a pregnancy symptom?
|

replied April 17th, 2012
stringy stuff
omg...im havin the same thing and im tryna find out as well...same symptoms and everything...
|

replied February 11th, 2013
Same exact story for me as well! and trying to figure out if my eggs have been fertilized already
|

replied February 11th, 2013
For all of you wondering - where are you in your cycle? How many days since you started your last period? It sounds like you may have finished ovulating.

Your cervical position and firmness will change depending on where you are in your cycle, whether your ovulating, etc. as does your cervical mucus. Very egg-whitey mucus and a high/soft cervix typically indicates a period of fertility.

Knowing where you are in your cycle can make all the difference in deciphering these changes. Smile
|