Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

crawling , biting and stinging sensations

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
I have been dealing with this for a month now and it is driving me nuts. I have seen my dr and he says that there is nothing on me since I have no bites. He gave me xanax to calm down. It all started after my daughter and I got lice. I don't know if the chemicals in the lice shampoos made my skin super sensitive or if there is some kind of mite there. I made an apt. with a derm. but they can't see me for 2 months!!!! I called every derm in my city and that was the soonest they could see me. My allergist said it is not an allergy because nothing is there. Right now I am typing this and it feels like something is crawling on my toe, but I don't see anything. I have looked with magnifying glasses and don't see anything on my skin. I have looked in my house and don't see any bugs. I have no real bites on my body except perhaps for a couple red dots that look like small pimples. I have two of those on my legs. But they are not itchy. My scalp, back, feet, legs, arms, face, all itch at different times and it is driving me nuts. It is 4 am right now and I can't sleep because of it- even with the xanax. Please- if you have any ideas or if you know what this might be please post!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 2nd, 2009
possibilities
skin mites, pinworms, fleas....try and eliminate the possibilities one at a time. I also am up at 3am because of these creatures...May God help us soon!!

Pray for me, and I will do the same for you..RS
|

replied September 28th, 2014
Hi, I see this is back in 2009 and I am wondering if you two found out what is was or if it still exist. I have this problem too for about a month now and have taken samples into a bug lab here that is really for forestry research but they do not have a strong enough microscope to see any mites. I am now trying to use a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to wipe on one when I feel it crawl on me.....they are not visible to the naked eye. I also have been using spray from Raid that includes mites and it helps but is not getting to the root of them...it only kills on contact and last for a few hours and then the mites are back. I too have been up all night and the only peace I get is when I sit outside or go out in my vehicle somewhere to escape them, but not to church as I fear I may pass them on. I do have bite marks and when I pick them they really bleed.....
I had one pest control company come in to help me but he had a small can of spray and a small flashlight and looked over my couch were I sit and feel them and told me he didn't see anything.....well no, because you can't they are too small. He refused to sit here and let one bite or crawl on him....I am so frustrated and stressed out not to mention sleep deprived too!!
So if you know the end of your story and have a solution to share with me, I would very much like to hear from you....
Thanks so much and God Bless,
|

replied September 2nd, 2009
well if it was any of those I would have bite marks right?
|

replied September 14th, 2009
Itching and crawling sensation.
Sounds like bird mites. I know its horrible. Scabies cream should work and wash everything daily in hot water and dry it or throw things away for at least three months. Also ween yourself from Xanax. I was on it before and it gave me permanent tremors.
|

replied September 14th, 2009
It could also be body lice. Still apply the same treatment above and treat your hair with lice shampoo.
|

replied October 3rd, 2009
Have you found any help? I had a crawly sensation a couple of years ago and it turned out to be dry skin! I am wondering if your skin could be very dry from the shampoo you used. I feel so badly for you!

My latest dilemma is that yesterday I thought something was stinging me under my pant leg. If felt like maybe a wasp or scorpion sting (I've never been stung by either, but imagination fills in). I yanked my pants off and there was absolutely nothing! It happened twice yesterday and very lightly again today on my other leg. (Maybe VERY dry skin???) Anybody have any ideas?
|

replied February 26th, 2011
I have been suffering from the same thing for almost a year now. Went to Atlanta in Feb 2010, my boyfriend(who lives in another state) and I both started having the crawling and biting sensation approx 6 weeks later. I have been to dermatologist, neurologist and 3 general practitioners...nobody can give me any answers. My lab work showed my SED rate was high(which only means I am having a reaction to something). At the current time, I am using Monistat as a lotion (lightly though) and calamine lotion over that...it seems to help somewhat. It may be worth a try for you as well.
|

replied June 6th, 2013
not bed bugs, but invisible mites
I found these three sites helpful. I broke down and sprayed Windex and/or alcohol EVERYWHERE, even on me, and in the laundry. It got rid of the problem I was burdened with after house sitting for a friend. While there I got the mites and thought I was crazy since I couldnt see anything. Windex and alcohol HELPED CURE MY INFESTATION!! I hope your situation gets better soon. The first site is not about bed bugs, but what they were told was bed bugs and was not.

http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic101795 .html
|