I have been dealing with this for a month now and it is driving me nuts. I have seen my dr and he says that there is nothing on me since I have no bites. He gave me xanax to calm down. It all started after my daughter and I got lice. I don't know if the chemicals in the lice shampoos made my skin super sensitive or if there is some kind of mite there. I made an apt. with a derm. but they can't see me for 2 months!!!! I called every derm in my city and that was the soonest they could see me. My allergist said it is not an allergy because nothing is there. Right now I am typing this and it feels like something is crawling on my toe, but I don't see anything. I have looked with magnifying glasses and don't see anything on my skin. I have looked in my house and don't see any bugs. I have no real bites on my body except perhaps for a couple red dots that look like small pimples. I have two of those on my legs. But they are not itchy. My scalp, back, feet, legs, arms, face, all itch at different times and it is driving me nuts. It is 4 am right now and I can't sleep because of it- even with the xanax. Please- if you have any ideas or if you know what this might be please post!
Hi, I see this is back in 2009 and I am wondering if you two found out what is was or if it still exist. I have this problem too for about a month now and have taken samples into a bug lab here that is really for forestry research but they do not have a strong enough microscope to see any mites. I am now trying to use a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to wipe on one when I feel it crawl on me.....they are not visible to the naked eye. I also have been using spray from Raid that includes mites and it helps but is not getting to the root of them...it only kills on contact and last for a few hours and then the mites are back. I too have been up all night and the only peace I get is when I sit outside or go out in my vehicle somewhere to escape them, but not to church as I fear I may pass them on. I do have bite marks and when I pick them they really bleed.....
I had one pest control company come in to help me but he had a small can of spray and a small flashlight and looked over my couch were I sit and feel them and told me he didn't see anything.....well no, because you can't they are too small. He refused to sit here and let one bite or crawl on him....I am so frustrated and stressed out not to mention sleep deprived too!!
So if you know the end of your story and have a solution to share with me, I would very much like to hear from you....
Thanks so much and God Bless,
Was there a trigger? Did you stay somewhere else? Get a leak? There are many possibilities:
1) Scabies: common malady, usually treated with permetherin - make sure a scraping is done before you do this treatment
2) Mold: mold in your property can cause these symptoms
3) Washing machine: many new washing machines have poor hygiene and unless you do an acid clean cycle, there could be a build up that harbours bacteria and mould. check all around seals / detergent drawers.
4) Bird mites: is there a birds nest near your property? If so remove it.
In cases 2&3 you will most likely attract mold-loving insects like collembola that can (contrary to medical opinion) infest humans.
Uses oxyaction, vinegar, peppermint, borax, boost your immune system, and tape the clothes of you and your children to remove any mold spores until you start to feel better.
Also borax on floors will kill most insects.
good luck - i was in a terrible state. start fighting - hard - and you will beat it. I am 90% better and about to start himalayan salt / vit c protocol as well as replace washing machine but life is totally bearable now when before it really wasn't.
Sounds like bird mites. I know its horrible. Scabies cream should work and wash everything daily in hot water and dry it or throw things away for at least three months. Also ween yourself from Xanax. I was on it before and it gave me permanent tremors.
Have you found any help? I had a crawly sensation a couple of years ago and it turned out to be dry skin! I am wondering if your skin could be very dry from the shampoo you used. I feel so badly for you!
My latest dilemma is that yesterday I thought something was stinging me under my pant leg. If felt like maybe a wasp or scorpion sting (I've never been stung by either, but imagination fills in). I yanked my pants off and there was absolutely nothing! It happened twice yesterday and very lightly again today on my other leg. (Maybe VERY dry skin???) Anybody have any ideas?
I have been suffering from the same thing for almost a year now. Went to Atlanta in Feb 2010, my boyfriend(who lives in another state) and I both started having the crawling and biting sensation approx 6 weeks later. I have been to dermatologist, neurologist and 3 general practitioners...nobody can give me any answers. My lab work showed my SED rate was high(which only means I am having a reaction to something). At the current time, I am using Monistat as a lotion (lightly though) and calamine lotion over that...it seems to help somewhat. It may be worth a try for you as well.
I found these three sites helpful. I broke down and sprayed Windex and/or alcohol EVERYWHERE, even on me, and in the laundry. It got rid of the problem I was burdened with after house sitting for a friend. While there I got the mites and thought I was crazy since I couldnt see anything. Windex and alcohol HELPED CURE MY INFESTATION!! I hope your situation gets better soon. The first site is not about bed bugs, but what they were told was bed bugs and was not.
I have hypothyroidism I itch every where on my body inclduing
my head feet and hands for 3 months now and I am going crazy
feels like spider bites all over my lab works showed my B12 levels
where at 205 but every thing else was perfect I need help I am going out of my mind Iam and I am 69
I have a microscope that is attached to my computer. It magnifies my skin 500 times.I bought it because of itching,crawling,stinging sensation that I got after my cousin stayed with me ..(she was feeling them at home). I can see black things on my skin with the microscope but not the naked eye or magnifier. The microscopes are pretty cheap that plug into the computer.
I know whatever they are can be washed off because I check after a bath in borax or salts with a scrubber and there gone. I am going to take samples with tape (when you feel the sensation lay a piece of clear very sticky tape on you skin and pull them off)and send them to an entomologist at the university. You can use a lint grabber at night to roll over your skin so you can get some rest too.
I am also taking pictures of them and going to send them to the state entomologist and the cdc.. They actually look like a mold spore.
Borax or epsom salts in your bath for 20 mins will give you relief( after the initial itch gets worse at first), alcohol, windex or if you can afford it..Kleen Green works great.I spray it on my skin,rugs,walls,everything. You mix it 7 parts water to 1 pt KG. Also take a swifter mop and mix epsom salts or borax in water and wash your walls with it. Put them in your carpet dry.