Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

cramping which is very unusual, light pink discharge?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I have been experiencing very strange hormonal problems for the past few weeks. I got my period on time as normal this cycle, however it was only 2-3 days instead of my usual 4. After my period ended I started feeling really tired and run down, very similar to the feeling when you have a cold when your whole body just feels tired and worn out. I broke down and started crying for hours for no apparant reason. I have had cramping which is very unusual for me after my period. And about 5 or 6 days after my period stopped I had very light pink discharge in my underwear and when I wiped, this only happened once and was accompanied by light cramping. This has never happened to me before, and I usually have a very regular cycle. I am thinking that I may be pregnant and that maybe the spotting was implantation bleeding? But I don't know how that could be since it was less than a week after my period. What could be causing these symptoms?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2012
Menstruation Answer A33495
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Your symptoms as decreased blood flow,spotting,mood changes,cramps indicate the possibility of pregnancy.If you had unprotected sexual contact in the recent past then high chances of conception are present.

Other than that it can be due to hormonal changes which might be due to any underlying issues,drug effect,stress etc.It is difficult to give an exact diagnosis without examination.

Get a Urine test done by fresh morning urine sample for pregnancy determination and visit a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.