Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Cramping pain in back

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
I have had this cramp like pain in my back for about a month. It is on the right side of my back kind of in the middle area. It hurts when I move certain ways or when I bend down. It is a bruised kind of feeling. Like the beginning of a cramp. It is becoming tiresome. I have a 5 year old daughter that I love to goof with and it makes it hard to play with her. She does not understand why Daddy does not play fight with her any more. Any suggestions as to what this could be caused from? The pain does not travel, it is always in the same place.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MichiganPI
|

replied June 10th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Have it checked out by your primary doctor and then go from there.

Fran
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2009
Come on, if you do not have any sensible help then do not reply. Really, what kind of lame answer is that? Anyone knows they can go to their primary doctor. I am looking for real answers.
|

replied June 12th, 2009
I have just experienced something very similar. Sharp pain in the mid back, right side. My chiropractor diagnosed a dislocated rib (my interpretation, he used a more clinical term). He did some manipulation, recommended lots of ice, and I'm on the mend.
|

replied June 12th, 2009
I have had ribs out of place and the pain is very much like you describe. I have learned how to put it back (well, it works most of the time). If the pain you are experiencing is in line with your rib cage, then roll up a towel and put it under your back at the place where the pain is and slowly relax your back over the towel. Then, gently press on the front of your rib cage (in line with where the back pain is). I hope I've explained this clearly. Good luck - I hope this helps.
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Did you injure yourself somehow? Had you been doing heavy lifting or anything that could have caused it? I'm guessing you have a muscle issue. Have you tried stretching? There are several yoga poses that do a great job of stretching the back, like the prayer pose, or cat and camel. Going to a physical therapist may help, especially if you have cramped up muscles. They can manually get the muscle to relax or they can use this electronic stimulator (not painful, just makes the muscles contract and relax). In the mean time, a heating pad or a soak in Epsom salt along with some over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatories probably will help.

It could also be an underlying condition, like gallbladder problems or something. In that case, you probably should see a doctor. And why are you so against going to the doctor? Wouldn't that get you "real answers"?
|

replied June 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
MichiganPI wrote:
Come on, if you do not have any sensible help then do not reply. Really, what kind of lame answer is that? Anyone knows they can go to their primary doctor. I am looking for real answers.

I'm sorry that you didn't like my answer to your question but.

If you are really looking for "real answers" you would go to your doctor to get them.

We are not doctors on this forum, we are just other members with spine problems ourselves. We have experience in different aspects of spine issues, surgeries we may or may not have had, a knowledge we have gained from the experience and research we have done on spines and our spine problems.

Even a doctor can not diagnose you over the net.

The only "real answers" you are going to get is from a doctor that you are face to face with. You need to be examined by your doctor to determine what may or may not be going on and what treatment you may or may not need.

Fran
|

replied June 12th, 2009
I would say bend down and to the left (which may hurt a little) and feel around the area where it hurts, it could be a spasm. I have one just like it in fact. Although his answer is lame littleonefb does have a good point on checking with your primary though, I dont pretend to be a doctor by any means and I can think of about 20 things that can cause pain there, from muscle spasm to kidney failure. Check for a spasm, they feel like you have a rock inside of you basically, if its not that then you really should check with your primary, and have somone take a look to see if there is any bruising/iritation on the area where you are having pain, which would be a symptom of a more serious diagnosis. Hope you are feeling better!
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2009
Experienced User
Hey mitchigan, i have had some back issues similar to this, I used to go to a chiropractor & yes he fixed it for a while & then i'd go back again because it happened again, it's not fixing the cause! I discovered that minerals out of balance can cause this now after some learning i can take note of the symptoms & treat myself accordingly its amazing just how many symptoms are due to a deficiency or inbalance. yours could very well be due toa n inbalance between calcium & magnesium i would concider a good strength one a day or multi vitamin mineral, calcium & magnesium should be, ina balanced person at a ratio of 2:1. If your interested in this you should have a kidney function test just to be safe as any one with kidney probs may not be able to process magnesium easily but unless you have these probs it will be ok. Go to ithyroid.com this is a educational site that teaches, through studying, how minerals are used & how they balance each other this is important so as to not cause another problem due to inbalance. Are there any other symptoms that you have with your health that we could use to determine your deficiencies. I'm happy to help you or anyone else to learn this as i , personally have been able to cure or greatly improve my cronic health conditions. the other important thing is to hydrate with water well. I can explain this in more detail if you wish.
|

replied July 12th, 2012
Most doctors suck and brush you off and take your money. I don't blame you for seeking help here first!!! I discovered I have chiari malformation through the help of online people just like the ones answering your questions now! I have a mid back pain too that floors me and puts me in tears it is absolutely horrible no doc knows what it is not willing to do anything to help research it. It's been happening since I was 16. Worst part is now I can't remember if it was before or after my first car accident hen I started getting this. I don't even know how to explain the pain but it is retched!!! It like it tightens up, it's deep, it feels like its my spinal cord maybe. But man boy oh boy it's a doozy. Haha!! Well I hope you found the help you were looking for. I feel you on playing with the little. I hate living a life in constant pain or sickness. It sucks!!!
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2012
Experienced User
ANSWERMETHIS,
Have you researched the correct consumption of water! it is not just about drinking lots, there is a ratio of for every 50 lb (or 25 kg approximately) of body weight we should consume 1000ml of water per day. But there is more, just drinking will not get the fluids where we need them! In the Cell! When we hydrate the cell it allows the water to act as a cussion, a lubricant & relieves pressure on things like nerves. Sodium is the third most vital element required to the existance of life after only oxygen & water! So what the doctors are telling us is only half truth, & it is the fact that they do not distinguish between processed salt & natural salts, such as celtic sea salt or himalayan salt these have anywhere between 82 to 92 different minerals in them. the fact is these salts sustain life balance the best is celtic sea salt, it should be greyish in colour & slightly moist. it has Magnesium in it & it is that magnesium that we need to get the fluids into the body at a cellular level, the body needs at least 1 teaspoon of salt a day, which allows toxic cleansing but it must be with the correct consumption of water for this to be achieved. Water only not anything with water in it! if you want to know more pleas feel free to respond, I hope this will help you. get ur salt from a reputable health food store! most salt labeled sea salt is still processed & stripped of most mineral content other than sodium cloride.
|