Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

Cramping in uterus

Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
I'm having cramps like I'm going to start my period, problem is... I've been in menipause for 3 yrs now. I have no bleeding no discharge but hurt like a son of a gun!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2012
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Uterine cramps after attaining menopause can be due to hormonal imbalance.Usually after menopause it takes few years until the hormonal levels are normalized and woman can have period like symptoms there after.If the pain is very severe it can be due to either cervicitis,dysplasia,pelvic infection etc.
You require a pelvic examination and also a Pap smear at this age can be done to rule out any pathology.Kindly visit a Gynaecologist for evaluation.
Take care!

|

replied March 8th, 2012
I also have had cramping though I haven't had a period since 2001. I am on HRT. I just had a colonoscopy Oct. 2011 and it was clean and I just had a PAP in Dec 2011 which was fine, no fibroids, etc. What do you think it might be?
|

replied October 7th, 2012
"....and women can have period like symptoms there after."
Does this mean period - like symptoms can go on before and after hormone levels are normalized. Not understanding the way it is written above...I believe I just started noticing cramping this past year, at the age of almost 64.
Can I still have hormonal imbalance? Who can help me to understand the blood test I just took?
|

replied March 26th, 2012
I too, at age 52 and 2 years menopausal have almost daily cramps - not bad enough for pain meds but it can wake me up at night with hot flashes, nausea...
all tests are normal although have not done biopsy yet..
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2012
Community Volunteer
lynnroz wrote:
"....and women can have period like symptoms there after."
Does this mean period - like symptoms can go on before and after hormone levels are normalized. Not understanding the way it is written above...I believe I just started noticing cramping this past year, at the age of almost 64.
Can I still have hormonal imbalance? Who can help me to understand the blood test I just took?

Hi lynnroz...Ask your doctor to explain your blood test...Has he checked on your cramping?...Depending upon what hormones you have been given, it is possible that you may be lacking something or need more...I am older and still using Estring which feeds me Estrogen...Before this I used Premarin...You may want to check this out with him/her...Take care...

Caroline
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menopause , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.