Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

cramping in my pelvic area. Here's what the report says:

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I'm having pelvic pains & lower stomach & pelvic fluttering as if i was pregnant and i feel the baby move. But i have negative blood and pregnancy tests. And my period is regular. I'm also having stomach bloatness. My gyno ordered tranabdominal & transvaginal ultrasounds which she said came back fine. well I went and got my own copy of the report cause i'm still have some pain and mild cramping in my pelvic area. Here's what the report says:

Findings: TRANSABDOMINAL: The uterus measures 11 x 5.1 x 6.0 cm. The endometrium is 1.1 cm in thickness. No definate myometrial masses are noted.

The right ovary measures 2.5 x 1.9 x 1.7 cm. The left ovary measures 2.5 x 2.2 x 1.5 cm. There are multiple small follicles in both ovaries. There is no evidence of an adnexal mass or free fluid.

TRANSVAGINAL: The myometrium is heterogeneous. Several small fibers are noted in the anterior and posterior fundus. The largest posteriorly measures 0.9 x 0.9 x 0.6 cm. The endometrium is 0.7 cm in thickness. The right ovary measures 2.5 x 2.1 x 2.0 cm & the left ovary measures 2.8 x 1.8 x 2.5 cm. There is no evidence of an adnexal mass or free fluid.

IMPRESSION:
1. Enlarged fibroid uterus with 2-subcentimeter fibroids seen in the anterior and posterior fundus.
2. Normal appearance of the ovaries, adnexa and endometrium.

Could I be pregnant or would the ultrasounds would have showed a pregnancy then? My uterus seems rather large. But i have 3 kids. 2 19 years and a 21 year old
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 28th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The findings of the ultrasound scans seem to be consistent with your symptoms and finding of enlarged uterus. If pregnancy was present, it would have shown up in the ultrasound scan (with such uterine measurements). If you still suspect chances of pregnancy, go ahead with getting repeat blood pregnancy tests done to confirm/rule out pregnancy (as few women start showing positive pregnancy test results quite late in pregnancy). You can also get a repeat transvaginal ultrasound scan done after 2-4 weeks to see if there are signs of pregnancy and gestational sac. Be in regular follow-up and monitoring of your gynecologist/obstetrician and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|

User Profile
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The findings of the ultrasound scans seem to be consistent with your symptoms and finding of enlarged uterus. If pregnancy was present, it would have shown up in the ultrasound scan (with such uterine measurements). If you still suspect chances of pregnancy, go ahead with getting repeat blood pregnancy tests done to confirm/rule out pregnancy (as few women start showing positive pregnancy test results quite late in pregnancy). You can also get a repeat transvaginal ultrasound scan done after 2-4 weeks to see if there are signs of pregnancy and gestational sac. Be in regular follow-up and monitoring of your gynecologist/obstetrician and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Users who thank Madhumita Paul for this post: msann38 

Thank You! I had a blood test and it was negative. So now my mind is at ease. I'll have my Dr. prescribe something for the cramping as the pelvic pain has let up a great deal. A little mild cramping is all im having now!
|

Thank You! I had a blood test and it was negative. So now my mind is at ease. I'll have my Dr. prescribe something for the cramping as the pelvic pain has let up a great deal. A little mild cramping is all im having now!
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.